[NL2-NL10] JTs

• Tatarken
      Tatarken
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $5.48 (109.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $4.13 (82.6 bb)
      CO: $15.69 (313.8 bb)
      BTN: $5.71 (114.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T J
      CO folds, BTN raises to $0.15, SB folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) 7 4 J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.70, BTN calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.72) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.95, Hero calls $0.95

River: ($3.62) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Results:
      $6.62 pot ($0.27 rake)
      Final Board: 7 4 J 7 8
      Hero mucked T J and lost (-$3.30 net)
      BTN showed K K and won $6.35 ($3.05 net)
  • 5 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I liked the way you protected your hand on flop, but after his call and bet on turn you should start to think, what weaker hand would do that? Best case scenario would be AKs, but that's about it. There's plenty of 7x-hands, and Jx that has better kicker than yours.

So you should actually fold to his bet on turn.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      c/r flop is not too good because pretty much only worse hands that will call you are draws, and unknown won't have that many draws, specially with that cbet sizing.
      and if you c/r for value vs draws you should also bet the turn for protection. so your play is inconsistent.

i'd go with c/c once or twice. if he sizes turn the same as flop i'd tend to a fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tatarken,

Add to full stack, especially for pokerstars you are able to use auto-rebuy.

Preflop: Fold? :) Why are you calling here?

As played
      Postflop: Rather play way ahead/behind whilst you don't know the opponent even. If you go for Check/Raise then why do you Check the turn, don't you need to protect your hand? Nor I don't really get the Check/Call-down either (exact reason why you should rather fold preflop).

Best Regards.
    • Tatarken
      Tatarken
      Bronze
      Veriz,

I donn't know then what kind of hands should i play from blinds? You told KJo is weak, JTs is weak. Omg those are strong hands in 6 max. Or? :D I read an article about 6 max starting hands. Here on PokerStrategy bronze articles. And there is raising from SB 67s+. Whats the difference between calling and raising? Do u have chart for calling? Is there article in silver memmber for detailed 6 max preflop play? Or where can i find this detailed 6 max chart Veriz? U can post it if it's also silver i need only 26 points to achieve silver. Or u can post even gold article. But i would like also have something for 3 bet preflop :)

Thank you in advance
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      You can't post a chart for 6max what hands to call and what not mate. :D If poker would be that easy don't you think everyone would beat that? It's mainly the question how good you are understanding the game, what's your skill level and according to that we play. Obviously it's possible to play those hands but then your postflop skill has to be also better and understand against whom we playing.