[NL2-NL10] 86s trips

• Tatarken
      Tatarken
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $11.50 (230 bb)
      MP: $12.21 (244.2 bb)
      CO: $4.78 (95.6 bb)
      BTN: $5 (100 bb)
      SB: $1.76 (35.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6 8
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.15, SB folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) 8 8 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.62) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

River: ($1.52) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BTN raises to $1.60, Hero calls $0.80

Results:
      $4.72 pot ($0.20 rake)
      Final Board: 8 8 5 3 2
      Hero mucked 6 8 and lost (-$2.35 net)
      BTN showed 3 3 and won $4.52 ($2.17 net)

I wanted to slowplay that hand. But it really sucked. Opponent got full house with 33 on turn. Tell me, for example is good idea to check KK on Axx board and what if opponent hold 44 and turn or river is 4? I know it's 8 percent. But it's worth thinking about it. Because on my today session 1 000 hands it happened to me i think 2 times.

1) How to play KK on Axx board
      a) 3 bet pot
      b) raised pot

Good idea to CBet?

2) How to play trips when opponent has low pocket pair. To not allow him to see his full house?

3) Please which status i nead to earn in order to read NL20-NL50 forums? My friend told me that silver. Is that true?
  • 3 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      The value ain't gonna come there to the pot itself, you should bet, bet or bet to make your good hands more profitable. If you slowplay them, you're likely to be beaten, sooner or later.

This is an example, of how it did ended up bad, after all. But think another situation, when you actually could slowplay: you have KcKh and the flop is KsTsTc. You have probably the best hand, and your opponent could have some hands that might improve on later streets. So slowplaying there is ok.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      fold preflop. how do you plan to play this profitable out of position?
      can't just call because it's a pretty hand and hope to hit, you need to add some aggression but then it's good to know some of your opponent's tendencies.

now postflop... i think that hero's play isn't awful.
      but i'd prefer to c/r flop, and if i decide to slowplay to the river (because villain barrels wide or something) i'd go with c/shove river for value from TT+, they are enough of his range and people don't like to fold overpairs...

however if you want to donkbet the river... could do it bigger, but when he minraises it's fine not to ship it because river minraises in general (even in a bit higher stakes) are super strong. i wouldn't ship in your spot either.

Originally posted by CPallo
      This is an example, of how it did ended up bad, after all. But think another situation, when you actually could slowplay: you have KcKh and the flop is KsTsTc. You have probably the best hand, and your opponent could have some hands that might improve on later streets. So slowplaying there is ok.
      NOOOOO!!!!!111
      villain may have Tx and improve to quads, or even hit backdoor quads. i've had that happen!
      also, villain may be drawing to a royal flush. god forbid you give free cards for THAT

now seriously, in this example you should definitely be cbetting the flop (even if very small, may even work as an inducebet) to charge tons of hands. there are gutshots, straightdraws, flushdraws, maybe even the remaining Kx.
      against Tx it doesn't make too big of a difference what you do, but if a draw hits it might kill some of the action for him.

Originally posted by Tatarken
      2) How to play trips when opponent has low pocket pair. To not allow him to see his full house?
      raise flop to make him fold his 7-10% equity

Originally posted by Tatarken
      3) Please which status i nead to earn in order to read NL20-NL50 forums? My friend told me that silver. Is that true?
      yes
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tatarken,

Preflop: Fold? :) You have a serious leak being too loose.

As played
      Postflop: You are rather gaining minimum here, instead should be questioning how to gain maximum. Most likely you have to Check/raise somewhere either being the flop or turn and then reevaluate further actions. Also if you donking the river then at least do it bigger and for the given odds it's very difficult to fold.

1) How to play KK on Axx board

If you have specific questions about theory in poker then I'd rather advice to ask that kind of question in the No Limit section. It's difficult to answer you this part either to CB in 3bet pots or normal pots. Always depends on the opponent. Though you wont get much value in those spots which actually means no CB.

It wont happen that often that he hits the FH, don't be result oriented but though you shouldn't slowplay that long, you somehow have to extract value from him and often times it might be reasonable to do that even on the flop if we assume opponents range is strong.

Silver status is enough for NL50 section.

Best Regards.