Hero (UTG+1): $10.67
      MP: $10.00
      MP+1: $10.21
      LP: $9.65
      CO: $5.00
      BTN: $14.20

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10, CO posts DB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.25) Hero has K:spade: K:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.40, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.15, 2 players) A:diamond: 7:club: J:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.35, 2 players) 7:spade:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($2.35, 2 players) K:heart:
      Hero bets $9.57 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins $2.24

Villain unknown.
      1) Flop check/call? :f_confused:
      2) River shove?
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i think your line is fine. alternative is to bet flop/bet turn if you assume his calling range has a lot of draws and Jx.

river shove is interesting. :D

i like the idea, but i think i'd rather go with a check/shove because his line looks a lot like Ax and missed draws which may bet the river, and we will ship it vs the top of his range anyway. (QT, 7x)
      you aren't getting a lot of value from Jx anyway.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      If you would like to have max-value from your opponent's hands, you should consider betting 1/3, 1/2 on river. By going AI every weak ace, and even some smaller pairs are likely to fold. Actually, only AK, AA might continue there, though K filling a draw might make QT to call. But it's unlikely that there's a hand like that, and it would call a bet like that.

But otherwise WP, catching flop is fine, because A doesn't always hit there.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      one thing to consider is CO's stack.
      still i'd say that even against full stacks, against fishy players they NEVER fold anything twopair+. sometimes they even call with just one pair :f_biggrin:

if you want to bet the river yourself for value vs his calling range make it at least 1/2 pot. 1/3 may work as an inducebet vs missed draws if you assume him being aggressive enough. :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello faronel,

Nah, seems to be fine. I like your play but though I doubt that you going to get called much on the river, might even Check/Shove it instead to let him bluff with missed draws. If he had an Ace he would Bet the turn.

Best Regards.