This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR 080912 - KK checking A flop

• faronel
      faronel
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $14.16
      BB: $10.97
      UTG: $10.45
      Hero (UTG+1): $10.67
      MP: $10.00
      MP+1: $10.21
      LP: $9.65
      CO: $5.00
      BTN: $14.20

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10, CO posts DB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.25) Hero has K:spade: K:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.40, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.15, 2 players) A:diamond: 7:club: J:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.35, 2 players) 7:spade:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($2.35, 2 players) K:heart:
      Hero bets $9.57 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins $2.24

Villain unknown.
      1) Flop check/call? :f_confused:
      2) River shove?
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i think your line is fine. alternative is to bet flop/bet turn if you assume his calling range has a lot of draws and Jx.

river shove is interesting. :D

i like the idea, but i think i'd rather go with a check/shove because his line looks a lot like Ax and missed draws which may bet the river, and we will ship it vs the top of his range anyway. (QT, 7x)
      you aren't getting a lot of value from Jx anyway.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      If you would like to have max-value from your opponent's hands, you should consider betting 1/3, 1/2 on river. By going AI every weak ace, and even some smaller pairs are likely to fold. Actually, only AK, AA might continue there, though K filling a draw might make QT to call. But it's unlikely that there's a hand like that, and it would call a bet like that.

But otherwise WP, catching flop is fine, because A doesn't always hit there.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      one thing to consider is CO's stack.
      still i'd say that even against full stacks, against fishy players they NEVER fold anything twopair+. sometimes they even call with just one pair :f_biggrin:

if you want to bet the river yourself for value vs his calling range make it at least 1/2 pot. 1/3 may work as an inducebet vs missed draws if you assume him being aggressive enough. :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello faronel,

Nah, seems to be fine. I like your play but though I doubt that you going to get called much on the river, might even Check/Shove it instead to let him bluff with missed draws. If he had an Ace he would Bet the turn.

Best Regards.