How much does earn a profession online poker grinder?

• SharkOfSpade
      SharkOfSpade
      Basic
      This is aimed for SitNGO grinders. Mabey someone will share theyr accomplishments and will enlighten me, what buy ins are they playing, and how much they make a month (average ofcourse). :)

Thanks for feedback in advance! :)
  • 11 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi SharkOfSpade,

I've moved your thread to our Sit and Go Discussion board where it is more relevant and you are likely to get quicker responses.

All the best,
      Gary
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      I think a professional poker player would answer......." It depends" :)
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      As roo said... "it depends" there is no fixed number.

For example, this is month of august for Lessthanthree:

Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      August was good fun. love dem hypers!

• SharkOfSpade
      SharkOfSpade
      Basic
      By any chance, do you know what limits is he playing?
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SharkOfSpade
      By any chance, do you know what limits is he playing?
      He's playing $100 and $200 (maybe even some $300 not sure) 6max hyperturbos.
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, SharkOfSpade!

I would say that very good SnG grinders can maintain 10k+ a month on average. I think 1-2k is the average good winning low stakes grinders, mid stakes 2-5k-6-7k seems reasonable. Of course it depends on the volume you put, edge you have,room you play. But speaking very, very generally, I think this can give you a hint.
    • fisko11
      fisko11
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kurrkabin
      Hi, SharkOfSpade!

I would say that very good SnG grinders can maintain 10k+ a month on average. I think 1-2k is the average good winning low stakes grinders, mid stakes 2-5k-6-7k seems reasonable. Of course it depends on the volume you put, edge you have,room you play. But speaking very, very generally, I think this can give you a hint.
      Can you be more precise?

1-2k at low stakes? what are low stakes sngs for you?

Approx how much volume are qwe talking about?

Regarding room...ps has biggest offer but much tougher competition. Would you reccommend some other sites/networks?
    • Jimanyjerk
      Jimanyjerk
      Bronze
      Well you could go all hypothetical on it but that's not necessarily worth it :P

Think estimate a ROI at a given average buy in and calculate your dollar per hour there.

Example: Average buy in= $20. You are able to play 10 tournaments in an hour for volume.

your Investment per hour will therefore be $200. If you have a 5% Return on Investment, then you will be making 10$ an hour.
      If you want to go really crazy, you can add in approximate rake-back :P at 10 tournaments with an average rake of 10% of your buy in you will have invested 20$ in rake. If you have 20% rake-back, you'll walk away with an additional $4/hr.

Basically, pick an average buy in, pick a hypothetical number of tables per hour, pick a hypothetical ROI and BAM you have yourself a bunch of numbers that mean nothing if you can't achieve them like me :D

You'll have to ask people what a realistic ROI is but as far as I know, in anything beyond the single digit stakes, 5% is a strong player (you are owning that limit.) Don't set your hypothetical ROI to higher than 5% unless you are extremely optimistic :f_wink:
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      1k to 40k ? everyones different and plays different things kind of a broad qeustion. lessthenthree ran good I believe and literally plays the highest stakes that you can get decent volumn at so not too much higher then that.
      You would be lucky to make minimum wage playing single table tho

Id say a really dedicated mtt sng player (180 man) which is what I play could average 8k throw in a few good value tournaments alot more.
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fisko11
      Originally posted by kurrkabin
      Hi, SharkOfSpade!

Can you be more precise?

1-2k at low stakes? what are low stakes sngs for you?

Approx how much volume are qwe talking about?

Regarding room...ps has biggest offer but much tougher competition. Would you reccommend some other sites/networks?
      Say you play 11$ SnGs 5max on ongame. Rakeb used to be very good, not sure how it is from this month on as ongame reduced or cut their affiliate rakeraces- but say, you play 2k 5max 11$ SnGs(which is a good number, but nothing out of line)-1200-1400 u get from rakeb + 1-3% ROI(definitely possible, not impressive)-200-600% more.

Low stakes are from 5-20$.

Or you play 1500 15$ SnGs on Stars- still 1-2k even if you don't have SN.