Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($68.65) 275bb
      Hero (UTG+1) ($30.81) 123bb
      CO ($28.81) 115bb
      BTN ($27.42) 110bb
      SB ($45.72) 183bb
      BB ($26.61) 106bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 A Q
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, 2 folds, BB raises to $3, Hero calls $2.25, CO calls $2.25

Flop: 9 A 6 ($9.10, 3 players)
      BB bets $5, Hero calls $5, CO calls $5

Turn: K ($24.10, 3 players)
      BB checks, Hero ???

Preflop sqzer is an 18/13 nit tag, but his sqz is huge (20%) and overall is not nitty at all; he is capable of 3b TT from blinds vs utg OR.
      Coldcaller is an one tabling unknown.

Pre I call because I believe I have best hand most of the time and a possible fish that will probably join in the pot.

Flop is a call because sqzers cbet is 86% and is playing "one and done" strategy and we have a TPGK.

On turn I am not sure what the best play is, I want to get value from "fish?" so I should bet. Turn card is nice cuz it gives a pair to his nfd.
      So I was thinking direct shove is probably the best?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Gregor86,

Preflop: If he is squeezing light then why not take down the pot right away? Especially vs a nit it's much safer to do that, he is going to continue only with the range which has us beat and meanwhile he is going to fold a lot of his range which he is 3betting with. Though if we call we will have trouble postflop understanding how strong our hand is.

Or would you also assume that the guy is able to ship TT vs UTG in that spots? Though of course calling ain't totally off but it's just mainly up the opponents play postflop, especially if the guy also likes to CB it will be more difficult to overplay once we don't hit.

As played
      Postflop: Assuming that BB would almost always bet strong hands there and as you said that you are against a fish then you have a clear shove on the turn for value.

Best Regards.