learning 6max after 400K hands at FR from nl400 FR back to 6m nl50

• giraffe1977
      giraffe1977
      Bronze
      My name is giraffe and i have been a member of ps for 4 years now. Since 888poker is no longer part of pokerstrategy i am a bronze member wich realy sucks since i was diamond X( X( X(

Started with 25 dollars a grinded out a descend bankroll while hit and running with SSS up to NL100

Then grinded out FR and played each stake for 100K hands with a very descend winrate. At NL 400 things run pretty bad (sample was small) so i lost a big part of my roll and then i realized that i should give 6 max a try.

My 6 max game turn out to be pretty horrible and over 130K hands i am loosing realy badly.

This summer holiday i spend at least 100 hours in just learning about 6max. I also made some changes in my overall game plan wich now will be

:diamond: play 4 tables max ( i even prefer 2 or 3 at the moment)
      :diamond: 2 hours playing 1 hour session review+learning
      :diamond: at least 50 buy ins for a stake but i prefer 70 (downswing make me spew more wich hearts your winrate an even more insane amout).
      :diamond: start a english blog to find more people to chat6max

Giraffe is married with the love of his life, we got a beautifull daughter 9,5 years old and a crazy dog. I got a realy nice job wich i can not tell much about (no am not james bond) but if i say what i do it could be lot easier to trace down my real name and stuf.

My spare goes into poker (at least 100 hours a month) and am totaly into loosing weight and getting fit. I lost 31 lbs in 4 months and my energy level is sky high. I did the insanity fitness program for 90 days and this week am starting my new 90 days fitness challenge p90x.

I will post a few hands a week together with my in depth thoughts. I prefer to dive into one hand all the way instead of just chatting briefly about a few hands so i hope you guys will like what you see.
  • 9 replies
    • steven5656
      steven5656
      Bronze
      Hey. Will be following your blog. I'm also playing nl50 (well taking a shot) and doing insanity fitness program. Into the second month now and it got so much harder. I wonder if you hate Tanya as much as i do, such a teachers pet! :f_grin: Was thinking about doing P90x after too lol.
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      Good luck with your goals!
      P90X is THE workout to do imo :) I was doing the doubles program (if you know what that is) just as extra workout for hockey lol. It's tough but best results you will ever get, that is if you follow the nutrition plan.
    • giraffe1977
      giraffe1977
      Bronze
      Originally posted by steven5656
      Hey. Will be following your blog. I'm also playing nl50 (well taking a shot) and doing insanity fitness program. Into the second month now and it got so much harder. I wonder if you hate Tanya as much as i do, such a teachers pet! :f_grin: Was thinking about doing P90x after too lol.
      Hi steven yeah insanity is realy insane, 2nd month you start all over again with even harder and longer work outs. I know exactly what you into. RESPECT if you finish the 60 days.

I actualy think Tanya is a robot :D :D :D

P90X got all the gear ready to go so i start this monday.

keep you posted............
    • giraffe1977
      giraffe1977
      Bronze
      Originally posted by suitedaces1701
      Good luck with your goals!
      P90X is THE workout to do imo :) I was doing the doubles program (if you know what that is) just as extra workout for hockey lol. It's tough but best results you will ever get, that is if you follow the nutrition plan.
      I want to to p90x+insanity combination after p90x don't know the name by head but i read about it. Sounds pretty sick but after 90 days of insanity i know i can finish any program.

I just do the program and eat healthy stuff all day long and it works for me since i lost a lot of lbs with insanity already.
    • giraffe1977
      giraffe1977
      Bronze
      major desktop pc fuck up here X( X( X( X( Part of my harddisk is gone so now i ended up starting up my first major harddisk clean up in 8 years. Got like 15K photo's wich needs to be sorted out. No wonder my pc was so slow :D :D :D

So hope to be back with poker next week or so
    • giraffe1977
      giraffe1977
      Bronze
      I noticed that my signature on the English part does not work here so if you wanna check out my fitness challenge

http://nl.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=66425
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      Hi, giraffe !

My 6 max game turn out to be pretty horrible and over 130K hands i am loosing realy badly.

This a little bit reminds my story :D I switched from FR to SH as well, then I understood what the variance is. First month like up 50bis, next down 75.

GL in 6max.
    • giraffe1977
      giraffe1977
      Bronze
      Originally posted by getdotacom
      Hi, giraffe !

This a little bit reminds my story :D I switched from FR to SH as well, then I understood what the variance is. First month like up 50bis, next down 75.

GL in 6max.
      that's why playing my A game and looking back at all my sessions is priority nr 1. I have to figure out if it is variance or spewing etc.

I made a deal with myself that i will not look at winrate before i make the next 130K hands. :D :D

Once my pc is ready to go (after this weekend) i will start to put at least a few hands a day in here.
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      gl giraffe !

i'm going to the gym and coming back to 6max after 1 year break. God i miss cash lol