This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4: Broadway straight on paired board vs lag

• Ketaa
      Ketaa
      Bronze
      Villain is quite laggy. 37/16 with an AF of 10.0 over 100 hands but is 44/0 in the BB and only has a 3-bet of 2.9%. I've seen him donk-fold several times already, hence the flop raise. I hit my draw on the turn, but given the raise on the flop, I became a bit scared of a boat, since AK and KQ are definitely both in his range. I feel like I probably missed out on a lot of value here though, given that so many non-boat Ks are in his BB calling range and he's likely not folding any of them ever. Should I have raised the turn here?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.14)
      BB ($5.35)
      UTG ($4.06)
      Hero ($4.06)
      BTN ($3.33)

Dealt to Hero J:club: T:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, fold, BB calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.26) K:spade: Q:diamond: K:heart:

BB bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, BB raises to $0.36, Hero calls $0.16

TURN ($0.98) K:spade: Q:diamond: K:heart: A:club:

BB bets $0.47, Hero calls $0.47

RIVER ($1.92) K:spade: Q:diamond: K:heart: A:club: 8:club:

BB bets $0.91, Hero calls $0.91
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi Ketaa,

Welcome to the NL forum!

I don´t mind your flop raise and give that Q, A and even J/T are not the best cards for you I prefer raising turn and playing for stacks. He would very often b/c there smt like AT or even QJ and would never going to fold Kx

Since river is blank I would rather shove or raise there than call. He should bet bigger his boats and would b/c sometimes with Ax and always kx

best regards,