[2031] SideKick disable Splash Screen

• 4 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hi awishformore,

unfortunately there is currently no option to do that.

Please also post this kind of feedback here: http://sidekick.uservoice.com so we can see if more people need such an option.

Thanks.
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      As a software developer myself, I would really consider it a standard feature that requires very little effort to implement.

Offering should not be a question of need and not offering would simply be a decision to be annoying to users that you don't need to be annoying to.
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hi,

thanks again for your feedback. I'll make sure to forward it to the developers.
    • PS.Markus
      PS.Markus
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

SideKick currently uses WPF default functionality for displaying the splash screen. Making it optional would require a separate, custom splash screen implementation (+ translations, tests, etc.).

Albeit it's a nice to have feature, in the end it's just that and thus it's not too high on our list. Still, feel free to post this to UserVoice. If there's response we'll rethink our priorities.

To be honest, I don't really know that many applications that allow for disabling the splash screen.

Cheers,
      M.