[NL2-NL10] Hand Evaluation Coaching - Homework #51 09.09.12

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PokerStrategists,

as some of you may have heard that we have a homework in each of our No-Limit Hand Evaluation Coachings.

Here is the homework for the coaching from September 9th, please note:

• Everybody is invited to share his thoughts here regardless if you joined the last coaching or not.
      • Whoever is active in the homework threads can get a free database analysis by us which helps you to improve your game.

Find the hand below waiting for you opinions and analysis posted in this thread. Furthermore do not forget to join our next coaching on Sunday, September 16th at 1 PM GMT.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20.19)
      Hero ($48.22)
      UTG ($25.38)
      CO ($24.74)
      BTN ($24.32)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: Q:heart:

fold, CO raises to $0.60, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.40, CO calls $1.80

FLOP ($4.90) 7:spade: 5:heart: 5:club:

Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50

TURN ($9.90) 7:spade: 5:heart: 5:club: Q:club:

Hero bets $4.90, CO folds

Hero shows A:diamond: Q:heart:

Hero wins $9.41

notes:
      call cbet Qxxss, raise cbet on turn when FD completed, fold to allin 100bb
      opened in Mp, called 3bet OOP, fold to cbet A7x
      cbet 2/3 K9J w AJ, check 2 turn, call 1/2 blank river vs fish
      open in MP 3bb w AQs, cbet 2/3 AA4ss vs fish, bet 2/3 J turn, cbh river when flsuh posible
      call 6 bb open in CO, call cbet Axx, fold Q turn
      call squeze vs me IP w 67s, check till sd, on tunr hit 6, so WORTH TO CBET 3BET FLOPS
      open in CO, I 3bet in BTN, he 4bet/stack of w AQ
      push directly vs 3bet w AKs 100bb

Flop he should have wide range, but many pairs in his range as well.

Turn - scare card. Maybe let him float?
  • 6 replies
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      I'd think his range calling the 3bet OP is probably mid pocket pairs, plus maybe some mid/high suited connectors.

I think given his stats/notes he's likely continue with that whole range on that flop. The turn puts hero way ahead. A turn bet would be for value against KQs and QJs and some of the overpairs may continue depending on what he thinks of hero.

I think if you're going to bet these as scare cards when you don't hit, you must bet them for value when you do hit. So everything looks fine to me.

If you think he's unlikely to call taht bet but instead float the river, then there isn't much harm in checking the turn as the chances of him hitting aren't too high.
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      Hello,

i dont like much the bet on turn. In my opinion he is most likely folding all pairs 88-JJ. We are only getting value out of KQ maybe QJ. So i would rather let him bluff with his floats from flop.
      Hard to say what would be correct play on river. But i would probably bet about half a pot to get value out of his pairs.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I might be a bit weird asking this but is it normal to bet these sizes this limit, to me they seem a bit small and yeah it's way out of my limit :)
      And wow thats alot of notes, I guess this is normal to, I just thought they should be a bit more limited :)

Guess it's a bit out of my leak prolly also why there aint that many responces here ;)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Preflop he calls 3bets a lot, so 3bet for value. Also he likes to 4bet, so he can bluff as out, but we cannot 5bet with this hand beig 125bb deep.

He folds to cbets from time to time, and he has wide range, so if he does not have pair, he can fold very likely for example KQ hands so cbet is ok probably.

Turn is ok to bet because he might think that we are blufffing, its good card for a bluff and call us with JJ, TT, and if he decided to call with KQ on flop, then we now get value.

On the river I think we should be more carefull and not bet too big if he calls turn, or check and call if he bets small. If river is low card, less then 9 for example, I like betting more, because he will have hard time folding JJ to a small bet. K, J, T would be bad cards for us.
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      Cbet is ok though doesn't have that much fold equity with the paired board. He would continue with middle PP's and connectors.
      Checking the turn may make him more inclined to call the river bet, though betting he still would call with worse hands if he paired the queen
      Providing the river was a blank, could bet half pot to get value from JJ TT and maybe even 99 if turn was check checked.
    • Beneseleve
      Beneseleve
      Bronze
      Pf: 3 bet for value against him,
      Flop: c bet is fine, if you 3 bet pre i think you have to make a c bet , esspecially on this kind of flop.
      his calling range could be. all pp from 22 to 99. think TT+ he would go broke pre. Also sc like 67,78,KQ, QJ,
      turn for me its a value bet against his holding. i like the bet size, some higher pp with showdown value could peel (88,99), KQ,QJ also call the turn.