Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($18.73) 187bb
      CO ($8.32) 83bb
      BTN ($10.30) 103bb
      DrDunne (SB) ($10.91) 109bb
      BB ($10.67) 107bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) DrDunne is SB K:heart: K:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.30, 2 folds, DrDunne raises to $0.90, BB calls $0.80, UTG calls $0.60

Flop: 9:club: 3:diamond: 10:heart: ($2.70, 3 players)
      DrDunne bets $1.40, BB folds, UTG calls $1.40

Turn: 2:club: ($5.50, 2 players)
      DrDunne bets $2.90, UTG calls $2.90

River: 5:diamond: ($11.30, 2 players)
      DrDunne checks, UTG bets $4.20, DrDunne folds

Final Pot: $11.30

UTG wins $14.99 (net +$5.59)

DrDunne lost $5.20
      BB lost $0.90

board is so dry i dont see why betting bigger otf is that big a deal. maybe i am wrong?

also on the river can i jam, check/call or check/fold? villain is unknown.
  • 7 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      River didn't change anything. Your opponent could be moving with AT, JJ, QQ, even with some PP's. Are you barreling 2 streets as bluff sometimes, too? Is your opponent a station, unknown; passive, or aggressive? Use those reads as help for your decisions.

Betting the first 2 streets? Absolutely! You are making and draws expensive to hit, also getting value from those weaker hands.

On river, you should have called. That bet seems like a small value bet OR a small bluff w missd draw or it is a value bet from weak hand, that thinks is ahead.

Call it.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      When you check on that river your basically signaling to a semi competent player that your giving up so he can shove pretty much all his hands he called down with.

I would probably block bet river.

Flop I would bet atleast 2/3 he will call with same range hes gonna call a half pot bet, same with turn and I would probably shove that river for value.

But I might be wrong since u didnt say anything about the opponent.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i would jam river myself and expect to see QQ/JJ/sets pretty often.
      sometimes you may also see KK+ or some 88 type of hand which "puts you on AK" but that's pretty rare.

blockbetting with about $6 effective is very awkward, doubt you can fold.

i'd also make it 10-11bb preflop because you are vs utg and out of position so your range will always be super strong, and also to give him bad set mining odds.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      opponent is pretty much unknown. i thought his range would include sets and JJ/QQ. on the river if i check i thought he would check behind with JJ/QQ and bet his sets.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah, but if we assume that his calling range is QQ-JJ and all flopped sets that's 12 overpair combos and 9 set combos. so we can value bet.

once you check it's tough because we indeed can't be sure if he bets these hands.
      on the other hand, he could be betting them, or maybe he'll bet QQ, or he could turn some AK into a bluff or whatever, or maybe QJs, although that is not very likely.
      he has 9 set combos, so we need him to bet 4 worse combos to make it a clear ++EV call with rake...

i'd still tend to a jam because of the first paragraph and you can't really be making a huge mistake by shipping KK on this board vs unknown in a 3bet pot.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      yeah, but if we assume that his calling range is QQ-JJ and all flopped sets that's 12 overpair combos and 9 set combos. so we can value bet.
      i realised this yesterday and have discovered i don't think enough about combos. :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Preflop: 3bet it bigger here for value and don't give good odds to play vs you.
      Postflop: Just ship the river for value, he may easily end up there with JJ/QQ as well and we getting value from them.

Best Regards.