Wanna leave micros behind me. How to do it?

• fisko11
      So... I've been playing NLHE for several years already but I never managed to do "something" that will make me move up from micros.

I tried almost every site, every network, all limits from 2nl - 50nl, while most of my game was on 10nl and 20nl.

I also played fr, sngs, 6max, mtts, but for the most part of my "poker career" i played 6max. I had different approaches...tried to clear kickback bonuses, tried to grind rakeback...few tables, mass tables... but nothing make me good enough to move from micros.

Made cashouts very often so I guess that's also one big reason why I didn't make it.

So..Last month I started again..with small deposit on Betfair, try to grind it from 4nl...If everything goes well I'll switch to 10nl in next few days. I run almost 11bi under ev during last 12k hands, so that's slowing me down currently :)

The thing I'm most interested in is:
      is this best way?
      Is it better to maybe try to grind sngs until I reach bankroll for at least 50nl and then retry cash games?
      Is it maybe better to start playing plo?
      Maybe switch sites?

I have access to almost all coaching sites but I'm to lazy to watch it the way I should.

I really want to move up from micros finally. I'm not so young anymore and I should get a decent job if I don't manage to move up soon. And I really really don't want to do that since I'm currently employed (but with flexible working hours etc)
      So, what I'm asking you pokerstrategists is... how to do it?

Please help
  • 4 replies
    • jancuhx89
      easy, bigger deposit.
    • esuohdla
      Work. You talk constantly about what games you played and how much you played, but to be honest it wont make the slightest bit of difference.

Pick one game you like and dont move from that game until you beat its micros. Set targets of a specific amount of hours to play each week, try to make yourself available for the best times (sat night, sun afternoon etc.)

Then the bit that really matters, study. Nothing was achieved without hard work. Read articles, watch vids and discuss your hands and the hands other people played with them. Review your own database, find problems, fix em, move on.

You do all of that, dont skip a single thing. After a while the micros will be behind you.
    • fisko11
      Thnx for replies.

I am aware that I will have to work a lot.

Since I spent a lot of time laying cash games, without some regular studying, I developed certain habbits and I think it will take a lot of time before I can get rid of it.

One more thing is that it is becoming borring for me, to play micro cash games without some decent progress. Therefore I am thinking of starting from the begining with:

a) sngs
      b) plo

These are the games I don't have so much experience in and I think I will be more willing to learn than to learn nlhe.

So, my idea was something like this..

a) Play sngs with $200 bankroll. I plan to start with $3s sngs until I reach 50 bi for $5s. Then $5s until I reach 50bi for $10s.

I plan to play sngs until I reach some $2k roll and then evaluate my situation.

b) Play 5PLO until I reach 40bi for 10plo etc..

I guess sngs would be faster and easier way. But it's a kind of borring. PLO on the other hand is very interesting and I have a lot to learn there.

I am aware that I will have to work hard, watch as many videos, read as many articles, books, post as many hands as I can. But I guess it's now or never.

What would be your decission?
    • sirilidion
      I have to agree with esuohdla work hard on your game and what might hep even more make a notebook and write everything you learn. For example what was the most important things in the article you just read to putting in your thoughts with in a session.

picking an other game to play is ok, but you most likely going to run in to the same problem that your not spending enough time studiing to get out of the micro's