Self management articles?

• xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I am thinking of writing a short series of articles on self management. I want to share my personal experience and knowledge with you) I have couple of topics in mind and first 2 will be about self discipline and goals setting.
      But I want you to think about other topics you would like to discuss. Whatever you feel can help you...
      So if you have an idea/suggestion/whatever feel free to leave it here)
  • 18 replies
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      +1
      I would love to read the article.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Some article about wanting to be good player but not working hard enough for it, how to work harder and for your pleasure?
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      some thing for building discipline
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      I'd be interested in an article about the psychological discipline needed to move down limits when its not going well, as this has been difficult for me in the past
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gggeorgio
      I'd be interested in an article about the psychological discipline needed to move down limits when its not going well, as this has been difficult for me in the past
      That can be summed up in one sentence: Move down or you'll go broke faster than you can say "variance". (copyright Sebra :D )
    • MarcMagoo
      MarcMagoo
      Bronze
      +1 Definitely an awesome idea. I wouldnt mind these so i can prepare before i make those common mistakes.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I think you should put something about patience in there, I'm starting to lose mine a bit, n playing more loose and aggressively.
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      Move down or you'll go broke faster than you can say "variance". (copyright Sebra :D )
      Good call, lol

been there done that, my discipline has greatly improved since then....I think ;) . The biggest positive difference in my mentality now compared to before is that I've set goals on improving my game, and getting playing experience. Not goals of making a certain amount of money. This was the biggest problem for me when I needed to move down. It seemed like it would be harder to reach my money goals when playing at a smaller limit, but in reality it's the only way I will ever reach my goals.

If you only have goals on improving your game, then it doesn't matter what limit you're playing, and then with time and practice, higher limits and some money should come..... a guy can dream cant he :D
      Bronze
      So, can you see any articles on your way?

I'm looking forward to read them.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      yeah
      its coming)
      you just need some patience when dealing with me))
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

sorry for delay
      i actually wrote the first one, like a week ago, but we are still editing it
      so you can expect it coming very soon
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      How about an article about focus. How completely focus on your game? what could help make it easier. An article about overcoming pressure in late MTT's is welcomed. Sometimes the action is soo intense that I happens to shake( I actually think that there is no cure for that).
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 1seednoir1
      How about an article about focus. How completely focus on your game? what could help make it easier. An article about overcoming pressure in late MTT's is welcomed. Sometimes the action is soo intense that I happens to shake( I actually think that there is no cure for that).
      I shake sometimes too, for no apparent reason(not live tho)...I hope experience will make me stop doing that.
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      An article aiming in the career of a poker player and how friends and families interpret a "gambler" life. :D
    • corsc
      corsc
      Bronze
      I also am very much looking forward to these articles.

Despite being very late to the part I would love to add a suggestion :)

I think it would be very helpful for people to know how to do self reviews or even peer reviews.

Thanks
    • saywhat
      saywhat
      Bronze
      An article on coping w/ extended winning streaks(thinking you can't lose) and extended losing streaks(thinking you can't win).
      I usually get myself into trouble after having a good couple of days and then try my hardest to give any winnings back as i feel so guilty for taking their money.

But i am working on giving back less each time.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      perhaps it might be interesting to discuss the positive and negative effects of playing diff variants of poker, and whether it is a line worth exploring for new or seasoned students.
    • Reaching4Zen
      Reaching4Zen
      Bronze
      I'm sure if you can make this into an entire article, but perhaps you could write about how to stay focused when grinding. Often I lose concerntration when playing at such low stakes (grinding it out) and so I move up in stakes just for 'the rush'. Needless to say I've had to redeposit almost always after this... Perhaps you could write about keeping the long term goal in mind; the mentality behind 'sticking at it' and staying focused.