Zero To $100 My Ber-Month Goal

• bedsigice
      bedsigice
      Bronze
      Hi guys, I've been a round this site for few weeks now. Well technically I have other account here in PokerStrategy but I forgot my username, password and email that I used.

Anyway, just to give you a quick scoop about this goal. I currently playing at PokerStars and they have this daily freeroll promotion that is going right now. So I'll transferring my money to my girlfriends account and from there will start playing the freerolls at PokerStars. I wanted withdraw my money but my it would disqualify me from playing the freeroll.

Anyway hopefully before my remaining free tickets at this freeroll expires I'll manage to win $10 and then from there I'll start grinding at NL2. An then from there I wish I could reach $100 at the end of the year.

I'll update this thread daily.

Thanks for your time! =]
  • 9 replies
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      interesting challenge, good luck with it, whats your BR normally and what kinda stakes do you play? do you usually play cash or tourneys/sngs as well?

Alex :)
    • bedsigice
      bedsigice
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Castle93
      interesting challenge, good luck with it, whats your BR normally and what kinda stakes do you play? do you usually play cash or tourneys/sngs as well?

I would stick to the 50BR rule and since I'm sticking to 50BR I'll just play $0.01/$0.02 stakes.

I used to play sngs full table, but I am exploring the ring games this time.
    • bedsigice
      bedsigice
      Bronze
      I played 3 of 4 freeroll yesterday and I only cashed out once. Got aroung $0.34 I believe. So far so good, I also notice that I only have until September 20 to play at the $100k Depositor Freeroll at Pokerstars. So I'll be playing tourney until my tickets expires.

Anyway, I was playing micro stakes at PartyPoker earlier today while waiting for the 22:00 tourney at Stars. I am playing 12 tables and I accidentally pressed the check good thing the person besides me raised so I just called.

Here's what happened.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $2.03
      MP2 (Hero):
      $0.62
      MP3:
      $1.66
      CO:
      $2.42
      BU:
      $2.00
      SB:
      $2.00
      BB:
      $1.90

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, A.
      MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.02, MP3 raises to $0.04, 2 folds, SB calls $0.03, BB folds, Hero calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.14) K, 3, A (3 players)

Nice flop for me, so I'll just 3bet here

SB checks, Hero bets $0.06, MP3 raises to $0.18, SB folds,

I like it, I like it, I like your aggressiveness. I'll just call you sir

Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.5) A (2 players)

Bingo! Ummm... now what, I'll just check probably he'll raise.

Hero checks, MP3 checks.

What? Hmmm... what's your card?

River: ($0.5) 3 (2 players)

Ok ok, Should I go all-in? Bet the pot or just half the pot? Oh well, I'll just bet half the pot he'll probably call.

Hero bets $0.36, MP3 raises to $1.44(All-In)

What? Why? You got quads? Or Full house? If you have full probably mine is higher. Or better yet we're going to chop the pot. Oh well, I won't fold I only have $0.04 left.

Hero calls $0.04.

Final Pot: $2.34.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, aces full of kings(K A).
      MP3 shows four of a kind, threes(3 3).

MP3 wins with four of a kind, threes(3 3).

Damn! I should have bet on the turn but no, I tried to act weak now my hands are weaker indeed.

Oh well, that's poker.
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bedsigice
      I played 3 of 4 freeroll yesterday and I only cashed out once. Got aroung $0.34 I believe. So far so good, I also notice that I only have until September 20 to play at the $100k Depositor Freeroll at Pokerstars. So I'll be playing tourney until my tickets expires.

Anyway, I was playing micro stakes at PartyPoker earlier today while waiting for the 22:00 tourney at Stars. I am playing 12 tables and I accidentally pressed the check good thing the person besides me raised so I just called.

Here's what happened.

Play hand

Known players:
      MP1:
      $2.03
      MP2 (Hero):
      $0.62
      MP3:
      $1.66
      CO:
      $2.42
      BU:
      $2.00
      SB:
      $2.00
      BB:
      $1.90

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, A.
      MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.02, MP3 raises to $0.04, 2 folds, SB calls $0.03, BB folds, Hero calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.14) K, 3, A (3 players)

Nice flop for me, so I'll just 3bet here

SB checks, Hero bets $0.06, MP3 raises to $0.18, SB folds,

I like it, I like it, I like your aggressiveness. I'll just call you sir

Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.5) A (2 players)

Bingo! Ummm... now what, I'll just check probably he'll raise.

Hero checks, MP3 checks.

What? Hmmm... what's your card?

River: ($0.5) 3 (2 players)

Ok ok, Should I go all-in? Bet the pot or just half the pot? Oh well, I'll just bet half the pot he'll probably call.

Hero bets $0.36, MP3 raises to $1.44(All-In)

What? Why? You got quads? Or Full house? If you have full probably mine is higher. Or better yet we're going to chop the pot. Oh well, I won't fold I only have $0.04 left.

Hero calls $0.04.

Final Pot: $2.34.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, aces full of kings(K A).
      MP3 shows four of a kind, threes(3 3).

MP3 wins with four of a kind, threes(3 3).

Damn! I should have bet on the turn but no, I tried to act weak now my hands are weaker indeed.

Oh well, that's poker.

Unlucky but I don't like the way you played this. Raise preflop, what is your logic behind open limped then calling in a multiway pot? Why do you want to play a hand as strog as AK OOP in a muti way pot? OTF you don't have much FEQ so bet like 80% of the pot for max value? When he raises you I don't like giving him free cards if he's drawing by when you turn the nuts after calling his raise checking is fine. OTR if you ve got 40c don't bet 36c bet 40, or your just wasting value, if he's Gunna call 36 he's Gunna call 40. Just my 2 cents as I play MSS

• bedsigice
      bedsigice
      Bronze
      Hi guys

It's been a few days since I updated this thread. Moving on, this will be my last day to play the Freeroll. Due to my ruined body clock I only manage to play few tourney, probably 20 or more and only cashed out around $2.62

I tried playing the $0.02 990MTT SNG on stars and damn, the blinds go up so fast but the good thing in just a matter of 5-7 mins half of the 990 are bustout.

I only tried playing 3 of the $0.02, I don't want to spend my winning since I play very tight on the early phase and in just a matter minutes I might get busted if I'll not call or raise.

Any one tried playing this kind of tourney? Any advice? I'll try to play probably 2-5 of this tourney and review my play and try to make adjustment and see if I'll improve anything from this one.

If I don't improve with this, I might start playing SSS on $0.01/$0.02 blinds.

Thanks
    • bettingstation
      bettingstation
      Bronze
      goodluck to your goal...
    • bedsigice
      bedsigice
      Bronze
      Have you every play that you know you've been beat but you still tell yourself, "Nah, who cares?"

Every day, after I play I always review my hand and make a notes and mark them to some names like, "Sucker" "Wrong Play" "I'm STUPID AND I KNOW IT"

Here are some of my I'm stupid and I know it cards.

1. Two Pairs Forfeited.

In here, I'm in the BB and I flop two pairs.

Play hand

Known players:
      MP1:
      $2.36
      MP2:
      $0.94
      MP3:
      $3.98
      CO:
      $2.17
      BU:
      $1.66
      SB:
      $1.88
      BB (Hero):
      $0.51

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 2.
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BU calls $0.02, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.11) 6, 8, 2 (5 players)
      Hero bets $0.05, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, BU calls $0.05.

Turn: ($0.31) 6 (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, MP3 calls $0.15, CO calls $0.15, BU folds.

[I]Here with two people limped there are possible that there are 6 in of my opponents hand so I still make a standard 1/2 pot-size bet[/I]

River: ($0.76) J (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.29, MP3 calls $0.40.

And there goes the J, I know with the two six there are possibility of on hit a trips, and with the Jack I know that my two pairs is forfeited and yet I call.

Final Pot: $1.85.

Results follow:

MP3 shows three of a kind, sixes(6 T).
      Hero shows two pairs, eights and sixes(8 2).
      CO shows two pairs, jacks and eights(J 8).

MP3 wins with three of a kind, sixes(6 T).

2. Trips over Flush

So I'm in the Middle Position and I got pair of 4s, and I just call, the 4bet was in my opinion was a callable just to see the flop if ever I hit a set. So here what happen

Play hand

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):
      $0.48
      MP2:
      $2.13
      MP3:
      $1.81
      CO:
      $0.71
      BU:
      $2.28
      SB:
      $2.00
      BB:
      $3.43

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4, 4.
      Hero calls $0.02, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.08, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.19) 3, 2, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.09, CO calls $0.09.

I didn't hit a set but I hit a straight draw with possible flush draw on the board I bet.

Turn: ($0.37) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.27, Hero calls $0.27.

So here another hearts, I know I might be beat so I check to see if the Villan will bet then he BET almost the pot size and here I am telling myself, "He's bluffing, He's BLUFFING" I know denial.

River: ($0.91) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO raises to $0.27(All-In), Hero calls $0.04.

Ok now I know I'm beat, definitely, but with only $0.04 left I shove and I know, I know stupid right?

Final Pot: $1.22.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, fours(4 4).
      CO shows a flush, king high(9 J).

CO wins with a flush, king high(9 J).

Last but not the lease, the biggest pot win for today which help me almost cover my lost yesterday's session.

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $2.40
      MP2 (Hero):
      $1.56
      MP3:
      $2.00
      CO:
      $2.07
      BU:
      $1.72
      SB:
      $3.50

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9, 9.
      Hero raises to $0.06, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.06, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.18, CO folds.

Flop: ($0.55) 4, Q, 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.39, Hero calls $0.39.

Turn: ($1.33) 4 (2 players)
      BB raises to $1.77, Hero calls $0.93(All-In).

River: ($4.03) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.03.

Results follow:

BB shows two pairs, jacks and fours(J J).
      Hero shows a full-house, nines full of fours(9 9).

BB wins with two pairs, jacks and fours(J J).
      Hero wins with a full-house, nines full of fours(9 9).

I won't be playing today I have some thing else important to do and deadlines to meet.

Anyway, here's the graph for the last two weeks.

• Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Hand 2, if your playing SSS you cant call here to a 4x raise, shove or fold

As played, shove the turn! Your probably ahead here and id you check Your just letting them value bet all his good hands against you and giving him a free card to catch up if he's behind, you have less than pot behind so just ship it, even if he has a flush ( which isnt often) you ll hit a full house like 18% of the time.
    • bedsigice
      bedsigice
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Castle93
      Hand 2, if your playing SSS you cant call here to a 4x raise, shove or fold

As played, shove the turn! Your probably ahead here and id you check Your just letting them value bet all his good hands against you and giving him a free card to catch up if he's behind, you have less than pot behind so just ship it, even if he has a flush ( which isnt often) you ll hit a full house like 18% of the time.
      Thanks