Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players - View hand 1892877
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $20.74
      Hero (BB): $10.15
      BTN: $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 2 :diamond: A :spade:
      1 fold, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60) 6 :club: K :spade: 8 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.40, SB raises to $3.70, Hero folds

I don't like my call only because I don't know anything about villain's postflop game. I pretty much have to guess very often whether or not villain is cBetting often or not/how often he is giving up aso., as in this spot. I don't like folding because we are getting good odds for our equity even vs a tighter range:

Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    38.60%  35.59%   3.01% { A2o }
      MP3    61.40%  58.39%   3.01% { 22+, A2s+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, ATo+, KJo+, QJo, JTo }

Thus I think I can 3Bet to see how he reacts so that I can start designing a good 3Betting range vs him ASAP.

As played: and here's the problem: difficult to say how often villain cBets this board as it sort of may still hit my range in his eyes. Then again – how else do I make my preflop call profitable if not playing back with backdoors? Since on this limit some people may still often be cBetting a bit too much on flops I guess I almost pretty much have to raise here. Although I could be convinced that since there's actually no telling how often he may cBet I'm better off admitting my preflop mistake and just letting it go on this flop.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Preflop: Why do you Call then? :D Not the best hand to Call vs whatever range we play.

As played
      Postflop: Well but we can also assume that he hits also this kind of board and you can work only on your backdoor here. Not sure even how much fold equity we have nor how often the guy CBs nor nothing and we are 3handed.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      I agree with you entirely, however:

and we are 3handed.

Is that a factor that speaks against a move on the flop? I would imagine that it is quite the opposite case, as SB's opening range ought to be generally wider. Are there any reasons why in this case being 3handed is bad for raising this flop? Of course, it is still not a good raise, but how does this factor influence it?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      I agree with you entirely, however:

and we are 3handed.

Is that a factor that speaks against a move on the flop? I would imagine that it is quite the opposite case, as SB's opening range ought to be generally wider. Are there any reasons why in this case being 3handed is bad for raising this flop? Of course, it is still not a good raise, but how does this factor influence it?
      Doubt that his SB stealing range now is like A LOT wider just cause we are 3handed but though our defending range may be. You would rather see maybe wider range from the BTN. Also the board is connected and many draws and Kx of course also in his range. Nor you don't even know exactly the guy for taking such moves.