Changing games!

• NeilSimpson
      NeilSimpson
      Bronze
      I've decided I've had enough of NLHE and I'm gonna make a change. PLO seems like the most obvious solution! I've got something like $700 on FTP which I plan to use my as my roll! Other than obviously reading strategy articles, any PLO players got some usefull tips? I'm undecided on whether to play HU or 6 max!what do people find more profitable? I'm looking forward to giving it go. It's almost a totally new game for me, I've played bits and bobs as a bit of fun when I wanna gamble it up but I'd like to get serious with it!starting a game with no already made bad habits should be good so I can attack it from a fresh perspective. Any tips would be appreciated!
  • 3 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi Neil,
      There have been a lot of posts in the past week or so from people looking to change games, formats or whatever.

I know you can't speak for all the others, but I'm starting to get dead curious here -- well hopefully w/o the "dead" part.

May I ask why you decided you had had enough?

Cheers,
      --VS
    • NeilSimpson
      NeilSimpson
      Bronze
      I think I'm just bored a bit! I created too many bad habits and leaks before I started looking at strategy! I think a fresh start in a new game could be good for me, try and becone really good at this game rather than continue to play NLHE and make the same mistakes etc! Looking forward to a new challenge!
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      mtt - sngs - hu - plo has more fish than cash games IMO.

problem is the swings, if you can handle a 50bi downswing and/or 50bi below ev in a week than play it.