This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Firefox 3

• Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      So, who of you has already gotten the new fiery fox?

I managed to get it within 2-3 hours after its launch and installed it immediately. Everything was imported properly (bookmarks, settings, etc), but unfortunately 8 of my add-ons no longer work. It especially sucks that the AutoCopy one is busto. >_< My Noia theme is also not working, but I expect an update for it soon.

Overall, it looks like they did a fine job yet again. Fx3 definitely starts quicker than Fx2.5, and the new bookmark system looks nifty though, although I haven't really seen any use for it yet.

What are your experiences with it? How many add-ons did you lose? What are your first impressions? :)
  • 5 replies
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      I like the new one, lost 0 addons, was using PicLens and a searchbar...
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      the most important thing for me: hows its memory usage? has it gotten any better?
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Hrmm, I never actually looked at the memory usage. With 2GB of RAM I never really worried about it. And in my new bucket I'll even have 8GB of RAM, so even less reason to worry. :D

Currently, mine is at about 125MB, but I have two of them open, one with several tabs, and quite some history already.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by Drakhor
      Hrmm, I never actually looked at the memory usage. With 2GB of RAM I never really worried about it. And in my new bucket I'll even have 8GB of RAM, so even less reason to worry. :D

Currently, mine is at about 125MB, but I have two of them open, one with several tabs, and quite some history already.
      I have 2Gb as well, but often I have firefox running for several days (lol) with a couple of tabs open, and it gets really crazy memory-wise (5-600Mb).
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      it's purrty