Firefox 3

• Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      So, who of you has already gotten the new fiery fox?

I managed to get it within 2-3 hours after its launch and installed it immediately. Everything was imported properly (bookmarks, settings, etc), but unfortunately 8 of my add-ons no longer work. It especially sucks that the AutoCopy one is busto. >_< My Noia theme is also not working, but I expect an update for it soon.

Overall, it looks like they did a fine job yet again. Fx3 definitely starts quicker than Fx2.5, and the new bookmark system looks nifty though, although I haven't really seen any use for it yet.

What are your experiences with it? How many add-ons did you lose? What are your first impressions? :)
  • 5 replies
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      I like the new one, lost 0 addons, was using PicLens and a searchbar...
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      the most important thing for me: hows its memory usage? has it gotten any better?
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Hrmm, I never actually looked at the memory usage. With 2GB of RAM I never really worried about it. And in my new bucket I'll even have 8GB of RAM, so even less reason to worry. :D

Currently, mine is at about 125MB, but I have two of them open, one with several tabs, and quite some history already.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by Drakhor
      Hrmm, I never actually looked at the memory usage. With 2GB of RAM I never really worried about it. And in my new bucket I'll even have 8GB of RAM, so even less reason to worry. :D

Currently, mine is at about 125MB, but I have two of them open, one with several tabs, and quite some history already.
      I have 2Gb as well, but often I have firefox running for several days (lol) with a couple of tabs open, and it gets really crazy memory-wise (5-600Mb).
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      it's purrty