[NL20-NL50] Jj Sb

• sokre
      sokre
      Bronze
      Everest No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Everest Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 ($23.15)
      CO ($60.75)
      Button ($93.35) stats VPIP 18 PFR 9 if I remember
      Hero (SB) ($76.15)
      BB ($18)
      UTG ($18.10)
      UTG+1 ($17.85)
      MP1 ($50)
      MP2 ($41)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
      6 folds, Button bets $1.75, Hero raises to $5.75, 1 fold, Button calls $4

Flop: ($12) 4, Q, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, Button calls $7

Turn: ($26) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $12, Button calls $12

River: ($50) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $22, Button raises to $44, Hero folds

Total pot: $94 | Rake: $3
  • 2 replies
    • sokre
      sokre
      Bronze
      My stats are vpip 20/14 but I think some perceive me as aggro or even loose - I have had such comments on my play comming from rock (vpip 9/ pfr 7) (I d say not)

Anyway, button is reggish, I d say too thight in my opinion gap between vpip18/pfr9 (500 hands) too big, limps too much.

I wonder If I did something wrong considering raise size?

Because I almost went on a tilt when I folded I showed my hand JJ guy showed 108s (not spades but clubs!!!) - I was really surprised, I was 100% he had either Q or full house.

I did recover and finish the day with a nice profit.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sokre,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: I'd definitely go for bigger raise ~$6 at least and though even $6,50 being deep.
      Postflop: I might even instead turn my hand into bluff-catcher instead in that spot and let him bet with weaker hands and reevaluate the turn. It's pretty marginal to play this way and then even turn your hand into bluff on the river with your play. Not sure if you going to see many FDs even calling you the turn nor the sizing ain't the best either.

Best Regards.