[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH A6 - overplayed river?

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($20)
      BB ($13.64)
      UTG ($20.83)
      UTG+1 ($42.53)
      CO ($18.91)
      BTN ($20)

Dealt to Hero A:club: 6:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, fold, Hero calls $0.30, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($1.60) T:heart: 6:diamond: A:spade:

Hero bets $1.60, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $1.60, CO calls $1.60

TURN ($6.40) T:heart: 6:diamond: A:spade: 8:spade:

Hero bets $5.10, UTG+1 calls $5.10, CO folds

RIVER ($16.60) T:heart: 6:diamond: A:spade: 8:spade: K:spade:

Hero bets $12.90 (AI), UTG+1 calls $12.90

86/6/1.9 50 hands

he was thinking long before calling flop and turn so it looked that he does not have ace. So probably on the river he can fold hes Tx, 6x. He could call with Kx. But also there are some draws completed. With FD he would not think long, and would snap call turn I think, bu with GS he probably could think more.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Depends a lot how you felt there, though the board run-down is pretty crappy. We either take the thin value there or not, cause if you going to Check then you can very easily Check/Fold it, he will not bet with many worse hands cause he just doesn't have many of them. :P

Though myself I might even skip it whilst some draws still got there, both on the turn & river.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Preflop?

Flop?
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      I think its a super easy fold pre, way to optimistic calling here on SB.

I dont mind the flop donk, cause utg+1 is a huge fish and can call down with bunch of worse. Turn bet is also fine. On the river I think im more on ch/f side, but its very close.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold

pot is 0.4+ 0.4+ 0.2 + 0.1 = 1.1$ and I have to call 0.3, so getting so good odds, and there was huge fish, so I thought I have to call for such odds, fish was just minraising. Of course don't know if this is ok, but if veriz did not tell its bad probably its not bad :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

pot is 0.4+ 0.4+ 0.2 + 0.1 = 1.1$ and I have to call 0.3, so getting so good odds, and there was huge fish, so I thought I have to call for such odds, fish was just minraising. Of course don't know if this is ok, but if veriz did not tell its bad probably its not bad :)
      Wouldn't say it's super standard call or anything. With those calls you may put yourself into a lot trouble but I can't say it's not possible to do that either while you actually get pretty decent odds but I'd be more willing to call with more realistic hands which have decent implied odds postflop and wont have the domination thing which right now happens.