UTG: $50.45
      UTG+1: $55.86
      UTG+2: $53.72
      MP: $25.00
      MP+1: $55.37
      CO: $51.57

Hero posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has K:heart: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, fold, Hero raises to $4.44, fold, CO calls $2.94

Flop: ($9.38, 2 players) 2:club: 8:heart: 6:club:
      Hero bets $5.55, CO calls $5.55

Turn: ($20.48, 2 players) 7:heart:
      Hero bets $9.99, CO raises to $33.71, fold

CO wins $38.64
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

What's the reason for betting flop bigger and then turn even less than 1/2? :)

Nor of course I don't really get your 3bet size there, would you do the same with AA?

Best Regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yes, you see that's default resteal sizing. it's somewhat weighted towards exploitative bluffs so i don't want to make it 10bb :(

would you make it villain-specific or?

as to turn sizing it is something like halfpot, think pot was showing up as something $20 because stars automatically takes off the rake while we are playing but it shows up in the hand history :P
      i don't think i need to go much higher and commit to calling it off...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      would you make it villain-specific or?

Of course you can make it villain dependent cause loose opponents don't adjust to that. But if you are going to continue using such a re-steal amount I can assure you in long run you going to lose rather money with it and at the same time you don't even gain huge fold-equity with it. I'd be happy to call with very wide range vs your 3bet.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah, YOU would, but typical nl50-reg who just steals wide and folds to playing back wouldn't. :f_biggrin:

my database so far shows a fine profit (not huge sample admittedly) for (Raised Steal) AND (NOT (Hands: AA, AKs, AQs, AKo, KK, AQo, QQ, JJ)) on nl50, i try to pick good targets, they usually have a fold to 3bet of at least 60% and positional open of some 40% so it has a good mathematical basis :D
      overall 3bet steal is at ~13%, 20% this month so maybe people would adapt later :P

this guy doesn't meet the criteria but then i thought that this was a good hand to 3bet with.

that said, this subject really interests me and maybe we could have a "theoretical" coaching, about calling ranges/3betting ranges and sizing/3bet calling ranges against sizings and why, i actually have trouble dealing with people that 3bet wide with a smallish sizing (7-9bb)
      my adjustment, specially out of position, has been to just 4bet wide too but that doesn't seem super optimal :f_biggrin:
      feel that i could call more in position, even out of position
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      raise to an amount between 5-5.50. Flop size seems fine. On the Turn I just bet a committing amount such that I will get 25% pot odds to call a shove against a Turn raise.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah sure we could talk about that. But yeah this is definitely a mistake to do that kind of sizing cause with your sizing you are giving even better implied odds than just Call15 rule for 3bet pot which means he is practically never making a mistake by set-mining vs you. I could set-mine every PP vs you and most likely play it profitable.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      What would you do on the turn veriz?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      What would you do on the turn veriz?
      As played I'd still plan to Bet/Fold it whilst we might find near break-even equity if even that if we Bet/Call it.