[NL2-NL10] Too passive or right play?

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $8 (80 bb)
      MP: $7 (70 bb)
      CO: $19.42 (194.2 bb) 21/13/6.0/6.5/17/73
      BTN: $10.45 (104.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $10 (100 bb) 14/9/0.5/1.7/25/133
      BB: $11.07 (110.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A T
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($0.70) 5 A Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.46, Hero calls $0.46

Turn: ($1.62) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($1.62) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.62, Hero calls $0.62

I did think if I should bet here, he showed weakness by checking turn so I thought he'll fold to a bet and I decided to check/call instead and let him push me off with weaker aces or light bluffs.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello maheepsangari,

Instead let him bluff, if to Bet anywhere then it should be turn to avoid him Checking behind.

Though I wouldn't really recommend flatting AT vs rather tight opener from CO, especially not knowing him even.

Best Regards.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I try to maintain a polarized range from blinds against raises from late position. PFR of 13 means he'll have a wider CO opening range, if I 3-Bet him then I isolate myself against better hands and if I just flat then I keep his weaker hands in play and get more out of them.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      I try to maintain a polarized range from blinds against raises from late position. PFR of 13 means he'll have a wider CO opening range, if I 3-Bet him then I isolate myself against better hands and if I just flat then I keep his weaker hands in play and get more out of them.
      a) You don't beat his opening range;
      b) You isolate vs better hands? Huh? You don't know even how he acts to 3bets so you have easy 3bet spot here;
      c) Weaker hands? How many weaker hands if a guy has been opening just 13 hands right now, what do you think he opens then from CO?
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Ok, against such an opponent what range would you recommend flatting, except pocket pairs, what range do you recommend I 3-bet with in this spot.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Ok, against such an opponent what range would you recommend flatting, except pocket pairs, what range do you recommend I 3-bet with in this spot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      I can't recommend a specific range because it's always:

depends vs what kind of stack we are, what kind of raise size, what kind of opponent, what we did earlier. Also what's the most important aspect is that what's Hero's postflop skill and understanding the opponents leak. I could tell to one guy that he can flat QJo but to other I could tell it's better for him to 3bet with those hands if he assumes to have fold equity. So there isn't really a straight forward chart which you are looking for, that's not poker. :(