This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Float Fl in 3bet pot

• BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      On Game No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - On Game Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($11.38)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($9.60)
      MP ($10.10)
      Hero (Button) ($10.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, K
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.30, SB raises $0.95, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10) 2, 4, 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($4.10) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.40, SB raises $9.38 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $8.90

Villain VPIP/Pfr/3bet SB vs steal/CB 3bet/aggTu/aggfreqTu/wtsd/hands
      22/19/21/67/4/35/16/503

Preflop I called because I decided that my hand is abve his 3betting range in this position, and because I was ip I could also atack some boards with a bluff.

On the flop I decided not to raise his CB given the fact that the board was so dry I decided to just float ip, this way if he ch on the Tu my bet would get a lot more credibility as an overpair, and the bet size wouldn't even have to be very big.

On the Tu I expected him to ch and give up with hands that are not pairs and I was thinking that if he bets something like 2$ I could even rr to about 4.20$ and make him fold non paired hand that he second barreled and probably middle pp. The rr was quite unexpected for me and even if I could never fing a call here my question is if he could ever bluff here and if I had something like TT or JJ, could I bluff catch in this spot?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BogdanDr,

Preflop: Well, you didn't post anything about his turn CB or how he plays postflop. Rather just 4bet/Fold instead, why would you Call whilst you might not even going to do very good postflop.

As played
      Postflop: Not the best board to float here nor I don't really like it without you even pointing out what's his CB on the turn.

Best Regards.