iPoker Cash Games

• JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      What's going on with ipoker lately?

A week or so ago I was playing and was disconnected from the server, my internet connection was fine and other things were still running properly and other players on the tables were getting disconnected too. However the support told me there was no problems and it must be a problem my end, funnily in the 770 section there is a thread with 2-3 others who at the same time had problems and were told the same that it is their problem.

So now I come on and find that all the NLHE tables no longer offer disconnection protection. This put me off playing as I have had disconnection problems about 10-20 times in 6months while playing on ipoker (some may have been my internet playing up but not all of them) and even at the lowest limits if you are multi tabling without the protection you could lose $2-$3 so it would add up quite quickly to a significant portion of your profits.

I know there are some people who abuse the protection and purposefully close down their client while they have a big draw and are faced with a bet they don't want to call so they can get to showdown possibly winning what is already in the pot. I have complained about a guy that did it to me regularly. But there are other ways around this than removing the protection completely like limiting it to 1 chance a week.

So that put me off playing too, then I come on today willing to play without the protection only to find no players on $10NL at all, when usually there is quite a few tables.

I quite like playing on ipoker despite a lot of bad criticism it seems to get about bots and stuff, I have been winning regular and slowly feeling I have been getting better with the more experience and never saw anything odd but it looks like it's over now.
  • 6 replies
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Hi JimC6,

I have to agree that this is a concern. I'm not sure what we can do on the matter but the only thing I can suggest is to make Ipoker aware of your concerns.

Sorry I cant be of more help

Callum
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      I was e-mailing 770 regarding my personal disconnection problem and mentioned about the tables now all seem to have no protection and they said that is the way it is going to be from now on.

I have again checked the tables as earlier might not have been a good time to see how much traffic there is and there is only 1 table with players on at $10nl.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey JimC6

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time at ipoker, are you playing full ring or short hand? There was a thread yesterday i think about not being able to find any NL10 full ring tables but didn't say which site that was at maybe it was ipoker too?

Anyway unfortunately the d/c protection is nothing we can change here but if you are struggling for traffic at the game type/stakes you play, maybe you should switch to another of our partner rooms or you can stay at ipoker and deposit at a second room and play on a couple of networks if need be.

Have you seen this thread: Choosing the right Poker Room for you! ?

Just a suggestion and sorry that i don't have anything more helpful to add

Carl
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      Just quit ipoker altogether and find a different site, or indeed a network to play on.
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      Looks like I will have to, sad because like I say I was enjoying 770 and have collected a few thousand points and occasionally(around 4 times) they gave me a random $20 bonus so it was a good room to me.
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      try pkr.