[NL20-NL50] NL50SHZ - T9s

• axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $65.87 (131.7 bb)
      SB: $19.75 (39.5 bb)
      BB: $92.83 (185.7 bb)
      UTG: $24.77 (49.5 bb)
      MP: $72.03 (144.1 bb)
      CO: $83.37 (166.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T:heart: 9:heart:
      UTG calls $0.50, MP raises to $2, CO folds, Hero calls $2, 3 folds

Flop: ($5.25) J:heart: 8:spade: 8:diamond: (2 players)
      MP bets $3, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($11.25) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      MP bets $6.50, Hero raises to $17.50, MP calls $11

River: ($46.25) 4:spade: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $27.50, MP raises to $49.53 and is all-in, Hero calls $15.87 and is all-in

Villain is unknown (anon tables) and can't remember his session stats.

As played, the only modification I would like to do is: ship all-in on the river (looks weaker then bet the amount I did) - perhaps bet a couple of bucks bigger on turn to make the river ship easier.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello axelphoney,

Not a huge fan of calling the flop in first place cause you may easily have reversed implied odds. If the guy has something like QQ then you can't even count Q as an out nor you don't know how much is the 7 good for you cause you could be already vs FH. I'd myself rather fold it whilst not having that much implied odds.

Though otherwise if you even went that far then if you plan to call it off anyways then just ship the river? What's the reason for leaving some money behind, if I'd Bet for thin value there then I'd plan to Bet/Fold it, especially being deeper.

Best Regards.
    • axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      I did write that my modification would've been shipping the river rather then bet/calling.

However, I don't understand why you think he can only have QQ pretty much? I'm sure he has lots of stuff in his range, QK, QJ, AQ,

My plan was to try and take control post-flop by raising some flops/turns, but I couldn't rep anything on this flop so figured I'd call one street then most likely raise the turn instead.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I don't mind raising Flop for reasons mentioned by Veriz. We would be more inclined to raise 8X on the flop as well given stack depth. Especially if we don't expect to get played back at.
    • axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      But the problem with raising the flop is that we can't rep much and if he's a decent reg I expect him to play back at me, unless he has something in which he'll most likely just call to let me "continue" bluffing?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      well I think if he will fight back on such flops,
      he should flat JX and QQ+ mostly OOP given stack depth cos 3betting flop is overplay against your likely range of straight draws, air and 8X
      so that leaves him with a very bluff heavy 3bet range and you can always choose to float his 3bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      However, I don't understand why you think he can only have QQ pretty much? I'm sure he has lots of stuff in his range, QK, QJ, AQ

What made you think I put him only on QQ? Not really, he could easily have 88/JJ the same way and maybe even J8s/Q8s whilst isolating a fish. But why I'd put him on a more nutted hand is obviously from his play on the turn, can't see him Check/Raising there with pure air nor the hands you pointed out KQ/AQ nor of course QJ cause he would turn them into bluff.

Nor I am not a huge fan of raising the flop either while we represent a very narrow range, we have to be familiar with the guy being rather fit/Fold type of player, though it's anon. then might be difficult. Therefore I'd also be rather willing to float instead of raising cause we don't have that many 8x hands and of course FH wont raise nor Jx. Nor maybe we wouldn't even raise 8x. :D