This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Zoom KQs on BB

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $4.93 (98.6 bb)
      SB: $4.50 (90 bb)
      Hero (BB): $6.51 (130.2 bb)
      UTG: $2.48 (49.6 bb)
      MP: $5.02 (100.4 bb)
      CO: $5.12 (102.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q K
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.15, SB folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) 2 K 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.32) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BTN calls $0.20

River: ($0.72) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

Results:
      $1.52 pot ($0.06 rake)
      Final Board: 2 K 6 J 3
      BTN mucked A J and lost (-$0.75 net)
      Hero showed Q K and won $1.46 ($0.71 net)

BU is 29/24/0.5/9.1(3-bet)/100(fold to 3-bet) over 39 hands.

Villain's fold to 3-bet is only 1/1 but PFR on BU is 50% 3/6. I perceive his opening range to be wide and my hands has decent equity against his range. Elected not to 3-bet for value because I do not want to inflate the pot and play it OOP against relative unknown.

Moreover, calling keeps his loose range on the flop and will not isolate me to his narrower 3-bet calling range which may have me dominated.

As played, okay for 2 streets of value? And bet-sizing?

Please correct me if what I wrote about his range and my subsequent actions are wrong. I'm reading Verneer's Building A Bankroll book and typing this out helps me articulate what I've read and makes it easier for me to remember & learn. Lol
  • 1 reply
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      mostly your thoughts are good here.
      i assume that your thoughts on 3betting for value were 3bet/folding. you can only do that for value if you assume that he'll call enough random worse hands like 98s/KJs(o)/KTs/QTs and such.

postflop is fine. you don't want to bet too big because then it'll be tough for him to call without a better made hand or a flush.

what can he have when he checks behind?
      could be a weak king or a random weak pair going for some pot control. maybe also some random hand that missed completely or a flush draw, but he probably cbets these most of the time.