[NL20-NL50] Nl50Shz - 33

• axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $57.01 (114 bb)
      CO: $55.99 (112 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $77.37 (154.7 bb)
      SB: $115.44 (230.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 3:diamond: 3:club:
      CO folds, Hero raises to $1, SB raises to $3, BB folds, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($6.50) 6:heart: 5:heart: K:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.75, SB calls $3.75

Turn: ($14) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $12.50, SB calls $12.50

River: ($39) J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $23.50

Villain: 33/22 3bet: 5.3

I call because villain, being a poor regular doesn't seem to realise he gives me odds to call with almost ATC against his 3bets.

Flop, he checks, I stab (don't have any stats yet saying he likes to play check/call, so it seem standard to do especially for future reference)

He calls and we're off to the turn, when a regular, especially a fairly poor one does this it's usually him repping a hand such as QQ, Kx, JJ, TT that he isn't confident betting with and I believe that he will fold on the river most of the time. So I make a large turn bet to create as much dead money as I can then a standard River bet expecting him to fold most of his hands that made it this far.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello axelphoney,

Don't really like that much to take stabs there, doubt that you going to have tons of fold equity on the flop whilst he will most likely call a lot of his Checking range there. Nor I don't see to have much fold equity on the river as he seems to be rather bad player. Check behind the flop and be happy if you even ahead. :) Wouldn't be surprised to see him turning AK even into bluff-catcher.

Best Regards.
    • axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      I don't see many regulars who take this line and check/calls 3 streets, usually they give up on the turn or river as the reason for checking in the first place most likely was they didn't like the king very much.

Should they have AK, why wouldn't they C-bet instead?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I don't like this play. I prefer to just check down all pocket pairs. They have poor equity and showdown value (which beats Ace high). I think people do showup with Ace high here from time to time. With that said, surely turning 33 into a bluff > turning 99 into a bluff

On the other hand, I might 3barrel bluff with hearts, diamonds, gutshots, some sort of backdoor draw like QdTd. And when you want to make people fold a medium strength hand, you need to pot the Turn and River.

Once you get called down, then start balancing with value.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by axelphoney
      I don't see many regulars who take this line and check/calls 3 streets, usually they give up on the turn or river as the reason for checking in the first place most likely was they didn't like the king very much.

Should they have AK, why wouldn't they C-bet instead?
      Not really, depends on your image. I mean if you would be villain, why would you CB with AK whilst you know you wont get called from a lot of hands on such a flop. :) Or do you think when SB would CB here BTN would have tons of hands which he calls? Not really which means Check/Calling my turn our hand into even bigger value-hand vs aggressive player.