Study/Play Poker Ratios?

• sleeeep
      sleeeep
      Bronze
      I'm currently not much but winning very very little day by day... Which ratio is good for beginner-semi-pros or what people make, I mean 2 hour study poker 1 hour play etc...
  • 4 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      Hey sleeeep

I would say more like 2 hours play and 1 hour study personally. Although it is different for everyone of course, people learn in different ways. I just think as a beginner the most important thing is experience, how many hands have you played so far? It's important to get as many hands played as possible before we start judging our results too much, it's great to question our plays and thought processes but until we have a decent sample size of hands we shouldn't worry too much about results. Also it's fine reading articles and watching videos but it doesn't compare to playing yourself.

I don't know how much experience you have but what i would say is concentrate on reading boards and counting odds and outs as much as possible, review tricky hands after sessions and post in the hand evaluation forums. Have you joined the beginners course yet? If not i suggest following the link in my sig and you won't be disapointed :)

Good luck :)

Carl
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Have you thought about joining out Beginners Course, sleeeep? Or already a member?
    • sleeeep
      sleeeep
      Bronze
      Wow always thought that course at your signature just links to NL MSS/SSS strategy page but seems it is a lot more! I will join that course thanks, by the way after every article/pro videos studied I say myself "wow, it is getting deeper and deeper and I played up to now without knowing this? lol"
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      Yep the beginners course really is a great way to learn the game with others just like you and awesome coaching every step of the way.

Great to see you are enthusiastic about learning and improving. Sticking with this attitude will play a big part in taking you a long way in this game

Good luck sir
      :)