[NL20-NL50] JTs NL50

• BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $62.97 (125.9 bb)
      MP2: $53.69 (107.4 bb)
      CO: $55.12 (110.2 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $49.25 (98.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T J
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, BB raises to $4.50, Hero calls $3.25

Flop: ($9) J K 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($18) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($18) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $9, Hero folds

Results:
      $18 pot ($1 rake)
      Final Board: J K 2 5 5
      BB mucked and won $17 ($8 net)
      Hero mucked T J and lost (-$9 net)

When I'm on the BTN he 3bets me the 22%, do you think is it +EV to call? (he folds 1/2 my 4bets)
      WHat about the postflop? I think on the turn he was in c/r, he does it the 21% of the times
  • 9 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BruceLee89,

Well, you can't really Call here just without any specific plan, you didn't point out any information how the guy plays postflop nor how you going to exploit him. :( So Nope, I don't like the Call, though otherwise pretty standard.

Best Regards.
    • BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      what plan can I prepare in this situation? I cannot fold every time, 22% is too big
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BruceLee89
      what plan can I prepare in this situation? I cannot fold every time, 22% is too big
      Depends a lot on the sample, you can't really base just on the stat if you don't even know the sample. If I usually have 0 information on the stat then I base it's just few hands as seems the fold to 4bet show us. You can always 4bet/Fold and reevaluate further actions, if he doesn't fold to 4bets and is capable of shipping loose then start to call-down and play postflop but for that you also would need decent postflop skill -> which means that 4bet/Folding is better for you if we assume to have fold equity.
    • BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      Yes I know what you mean but here I don't have to many information about his fold to 4bet bacause in general he folds the 44% but against me it happens just 2 times and he folded 1. Btw I know he 5bets easily, his 5bet range is 4.3 so what to do!? :D For all these reasons I've tried to play it postflop but my idea was to raise his cbet if I get some equity or just call if I hit something else, maybe it's a bad idea, I really don't knwo what to do in these kind of spots.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      JTs is a very standard defend here.

Just make sure you have a good idea on how to play postflop. River looks like a value line to me from a solid regular. I think fishes do take this line as a bluff quite often so I won't fold JX being given 25% pot odds. Against strong tricky regs, they may attempt to rep a hand like KQ/KT with this line too so I might call against them.

Can't say whether I like the fold or not, I think it is close but folding seems fine.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yes I know what you mean but here I don't have to many information about his fold to 4bet bacause in general he folds the 44% but against me it happens just 2 times and he folded 1. Btw I know he 5bets easily, his 5bet range is 4.3 so what to do!? :D For all these reasons I've tried to play it postflop but my idea was to raise his cbet if I get some equity or just call if I hit something else, maybe it's a bad idea, I really don't knwo what to do in these kind of spots.
      For that given aspect you can still consider calling but you also have to be familiar with postflop play. You know we have been talking about your leak of 3bet pots and especially calling ones. :) I didn't point it out just randomly. :D But those hands of course are good to play vs high 3bet guys.
    • BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      JTs is a very standard defend here.

Just make sure you have a good idea on how to play postflop. River looks like a value line to me from a solid regular. I think fishes do take this line as a bluff quite often so I won't fold JX being given 25% pot odds. Against strong tricky regs, they may attempt to rep a hand like KQ/KT with this line too so I might call against them.

Can't say whether I like the fold or not, I think it is close but folding seems fine.
      I see your point, ty
    • BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      For that given aspect you can still consider calling but you also have to be familiar with postflop play. You know we have been talking about your leak of 3bet pots and especially calling ones. :) I didn't point it out just randomly. :D But those hands of course are good to play vs high 3bet guys.
      Ok, I have to improve those kind of spots :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Great to hear. :)