This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl20 Low End Straight on Paired River

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $20.10 (100.5 bb)
      UTG: $20.44 (102.2 bb)
      MP: $8.75 (43.8 bb)
      CO: $19.50 (97.5 bb)
      BTN: $18.40 (92 bb)
      SB: $22.03 (110.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8 T
      UTG raises to $0.60, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.30) J 9 Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.65, Hero raises to $1.62, UTG calls $0.97

Turn: ($4.54) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.40, UTG calls $3.40

River: ($11.34) J (2 players)
      Hero ??????

Ok, I sometimes (not too often!) like to peel with these kind of hands, especially against a UTG range. You know where you are straight away on the flop and you can stack guys with premium pairs etc.... So I hit the 2nd nuts on the flop and go for the check raise. I should have gone bigger with the raise I know. I continue betting on the turn with the intention of shoving/overshoving the river. My obvious question is, can/should I shove here profitably in spots like these when the board pairs, or is check/call a better line here? I have no reads on villain as this is Speed Poker. Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

Preflop: Well but you didn't even point out against what kind of guy you are and also you are OOP. :P So you can't really play profitable the hand if you don't even have a plan.

As played
      Postflop: Raise size way too small on the flop, heading towards even $3 instead such a small raise which gives him pretty decent odds. And otherwise on the river I'd most likely just Bet/Fold it something like $6, doubt that there are many missed hands.

Best Regards.