This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 T5s

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      BU 19/17/5.0/5.4/32/700hands

I made a mistake reading his FT3b was higher but in reality was 71%, so knowing this now i would just fold pre. (4b range 1.8 so I think he is calling kind of wide)

As played, my plan was c/shove turn to let him bet floats. I have no idea if this is ok or not, I think he can call flop with better Tx, JJ, QQ (since he has low 4b range) maybe he calls once with 99, 88 etc.

I don't think the K should help him so often except Ksxs so maybe bet/bet/shove is good on most rivers since i don't think his range is very strong & he folds everything except Kx to 3 barrels.

Looking back I think this spot is decent to barrel, esp since the K is a scare card for him..

Also OTR I mistyped 1 instead of 4 :facepalm:

BTN: $34.35 (137.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $25.86 (103.4 bb)
      BB: $27.31 (109.2 bb)
      UTG: $61.56 (246.2 bb)
      MP: $46.70 (186.8 bb)
      CO: $25 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T 5
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.60, BB folds, BTN calls $1.85

Flop: ($5.45) 2 4 T (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.80, BTN calls $2.80

Turn: ($11.05) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($11.05) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BTN calls $1

Results:
      $13.05 pot ($0.59 rake)
      Final Board: 2 4 T K 5
      BTN mucked T 9 and lost (-$6.40 net)
      Hero showed T 5 and won $12.46 ($6.06 net)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannywratten,

I would really rather like the 2nd barreling thing cause he might feel committed if we do this way as Check/Raise, we still have very good equity even if we get called.

Though otherwise Bet the river bigger, I'd head at least $6. :D

Best Regards.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello dannywratten,

I would really rather like the 2nd barreling thing cause he might feel committed if we do this way as Check/Raise, we still have very good equity even if we get called.

Though otherwise Bet the river bigger, I'd head at least $6. :D

Best Regards.
      Lol yeh i misstyped OTR :D but i thought something around $4 would be ok since his range is weak & i dont expect him to call often..
      I thought something like JJ would be the top of his range & betting $3.5~$4 could get calls from second pairs.

What do you think his range looks like OTR?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What do you think his range looks like OTR?

If he had Kx then he would Bet the turn himself and protect his hand. So I assume some mid-pair/PP type of hands which are going to Call there cause you could also have missed draws in your range and even pure bluffs. Though of course a lot of bluffs would 2nd barrel it, that's also why I would rather prefer to do that.