This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 zoom AKo3

• niceblack
      niceblack
      Global
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $4.36
      SB: $4.58
      BB: $5.02
      UTG: $10.30
      Hero (MP): $6.11
      CO: $4.88

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has A:club: K:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, BTN calls $0.20, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.47, 2 players) T:diamond: 5:club: 4:heart:
      Hero bets $0.31, BTN calls $0.31

Turn: ($1.09, 2 players) A:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.86, BTN calls $0.66

River: ($2.81, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Hello!

Villain stats:

[P] Limped and reraised {AA} (1)
      [P] 3Bet range {AA} (1)
      [P] Limp and called a raise {AA,QJs,ATo} (3)
      [P] Called 3Bets out of position with {A6s} (1)

Hand:

Ech, played pretty badly, think.

Pre: std

F: dry board, seems to be all right to get him to fold low pocket pairs, broadawys, aces etc

T: I hit my out and decided to check and induce a float. Is that a proper decision? When should I do sth like that, and when not?

But his bet was so small, I could not just call, so I raised for value and protection.

R: Again, when he called the turn, I thought he could easyly have backfoor flushdraw. I did not bet, because mediocre hands would probably snap fold and better hands would call or raise. So I decided to check/call and allow him to bluff his bad hands, worse two pair etc.

Thanks in advance! :s_thumbsup:
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello niceblack,

Turn: Why do you Check/Raise here? You are just isolating yourself vs strong hands.

As played
      River: I don't get your point, why would you Check/Call here. Cause FD/SD got there? There ain't many missed draws so why would you Check/Call it? He is Checking behind weaker hands and better ones betting.

Best Regards.
    • niceblack
      niceblack
      Global
      Turn: Why do you Check/Raise here? You are just isolating yourself vs strong hands.

"T: I hit my out and decided to check and induce a float. Is that a proper decision? When should I do sth like that, and when not?

But his bet was so small, I could not just call, so I raised for value and protection."

____
      Could u please suggest me, what this hand should look like?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by niceblack

"T: I hit my out and decided to check and induce a float. Is that a proper decision? When should I do sth like that, and when not?

But his bet was so small, I could not just call, so I raised for value and protection."

____
      Could u please suggest me, what this hand should look like?
      Bet the flop, Bet the turn as I said. :) Doesn't really make sense to Check/Raise whilst you isolate vs strong hands this way.