Turn: ($1.09, 2 players) A:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.86, BTN calls $0.66

River: ($2.81, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Hello!

Villain stats:

[P] Limped and reraised {AA} (1)
      [P] 3Bet range {AA} (1)
      [P] Limp and called a raise {AA,QJs,ATo} (3)
      [P] Called 3Bets out of position with {A6s} (1)

Hand:

Ech, played pretty badly, think.

Pre: std

F: dry board, seems to be all right to get him to fold low pocket pairs, broadawys, aces etc

T: I hit my out and decided to check and induce a float. Is that a proper decision? When should I do sth like that, and when not?

But his bet was so small, I could not just call, so I raised for value and protection.

R: Again, when he called the turn, I thought he could easyly have backfoor flushdraw. I did not bet, because mediocre hands would probably snap fold and better hands would call or raise. So I decided to check/call and allow him to bluff his bad hands, worse two pair etc.

Thanks in advance! :s_thumbsup:
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello niceblack,

Turn: Why do you Check/Raise here? You are just isolating yourself vs strong hands.

As played
      River: I don't get your point, why would you Check/Call here. Cause FD/SD got there? There ain't many missed draws so why would you Check/Call it? He is Checking behind weaker hands and better ones betting.

Best Regards.
    • niceblack
      niceblack
      Global
      Turn: Why do you Check/Raise here? You are just isolating yourself vs strong hands.

"T: I hit my out and decided to check and induce a float. Is that a proper decision? When should I do sth like that, and when not?

But his bet was so small, I could not just call, so I raised for value and protection."

____
      Could u please suggest me, what this hand should look like?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by niceblack

"T: I hit my out and decided to check and induce a float. Is that a proper decision? When should I do sth like that, and when not?

But his bet was so small, I could not just call, so I raised for value and protection."

____
      Could u please suggest me, what this hand should look like?
      Bet the flop, Bet the turn as I said. :) Doesn't really make sense to Check/Raise whilst you isolate vs strong hands this way.