BTN ($20.30)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.50, fold

FLOP ($1.40) 9:club: A:club: 5:club:

Hero bets $0.90, BTN calls $0.90

TURN ($3.20) 9:club: A:club: 5:club: 3:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.20, Hero folds

BTN wins $3.04

I played completely wrong this hand. I donked without checking how he folds to donkbets.

Then how actually would be to defend against him? #beting can be only for value, he does not like to fold. This hand is decend for calling vs 51% steal range.

So maybe the plan is to call preflop and check flop, to see what he does? His cbet is on not the highest one so for example if he cbets on this flop, then fold. If I have made hand or some equity, then do something.
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      don't donkbet without equity. And don't donkbet unless you expect him to check the Flop a lot. If not checking and reacting to his play seems to be a much better idea. 63% seems on the low side but still, I think I dont like having 0 equity and also while this is a monotone board, he may still cbet a lot of air or hands with one club in them and fold to a raise.

I think Fold >> Raise (with a club) > Donk (with a club) > Donk (with air) > Raise (with air)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Worst board to donk-bet with having 0 equity when called, standard spot to just Check/Fold it and leave it alone.

Best Regards.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      What if we donk bet these type of boards because villain is just calling flop w mediocre hands and draws ofc, but mostly mediocre, and folding a lot of his no EQ air. He obv raises strong made hands most of the time and we have an easy fold.

We make money a lot of the time directly on flop, so we bet close to psb, like 80%. If turn is a club we just make a 50% psb and expect to take it down a lot. It is like bluffing for value and ofc we can do it balanced w semibluffs also. So our hand can be basically xy.

Am I completely off here?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Gregor86
      What if we donk bet these type of boards because villain is just calling flop w mediocre hands and draws ofc, but mostly mediocre, and folding a lot of his no EQ air. He obv raises strong made hands most of the time and we have an easy fold.

We make money a lot of the time directly on flop, so we bet close to psb, like 80%. If turn is a club we just make a 50% psb and expect to take it down a lot. It is like bluffing for value and ofc we can do it balanced w semibluffs also. So our hand can be basically xy.

Am I completely off here?
      Don't really see why you should donk such a flop which BTN may continue with very wide range. A lot of FD hands, Ax hands, anything of it continues which has piece of it. Nor your donking never makes much of sense but rather just a draw.