This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

PFR flats my cold 4bet

• mbml
      mbml
      Black
      UTG is 21/17/6, fold to 3bet 63%. Only 200 hands so other stats don't seem that relevant.

What do you think UTG's preflop range is here? BU is 27/22/10, 15% 3bet range from BU, 3bets 7% vs UTG. UTG opens 13% from that position.

I have 3.5% 4bet range overall (25/20/8) and I could possibly be viewed as cold 4betting BU light (which I certainly would do that a lot). At the same time, UTG doesn't necessarily feel like he is going to flat the 4bet too often with a weak hand like JJ since he's essentially a tighter player who wouldn't want to get himself into marginal spots.

Poker Stars $200.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1897625
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $216.57
      SB: $200.00
      Hero (BB): $364.90
      UTG: $232.18
      MP: $89.79
      CO: $232.20

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with A:club: Q:club:
      UTG raises to $6, 2 folds, BTN raises to $18, 1 fold, Hero raises to $40.40, UTG calls $34.40, 1 fold

I'm mostly putting him on QQ and KK, maybe AKs. I think AA ships to try coolering my QQ/KK/AK, JJ should be folded IMO, and I think he shouldn't call too often with a hand like AKo.

Flop: ($99.80) T:spade: 2:club: K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $50.00, UTG calls $50

On the Flop I decided to halfpot instead of bet smaller because I want to force him to define his hand clearly. I usually bet 40% in 4bet pots on 2 broadway textures though. Not sure if that is the preferable line.

I'm not even sure if I should be cbetting against such a strong range but went for it anyway since I do have equity in the hand. I'm guessing that I should c/f a hand like Ad3d? Or is it better to cbet A3 since I no longer have the Queen blocker which allows me to have more fold equity?

Turn: ($199.80) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $274.50, UTG calls $141.78 all in

On the Turn, I'm like "mehhh", i think it's pretty obvious he has a King here. Should I just check and call any bet which gives me 22%? I would check/fold all rivers not giving me a straight or a flush, including the Ace since KK and AK beat me anyway.

River: ($483.36) 2:diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Thoughts on this hand?
  • 2 replies
    • TwoSHAE
      TwoSHAE
      Basic
      think if you want to cbet with lots of hands (probably) you should go with a bit smaller sizing here
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      I think it's fine, like twoshae said it might be prefered to bet slightly less on the flop, but it's no biggie. Turn is for sure a shove, if you check you still gotta call a shove from Kx etc, and shipping might give you a little bit of fold-equity vs hands such as QQ.