[NL20-NL50] Kq Nl50

• BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $47.96 (95.9 bb)
      Hero (BB): $53.59 (107.2 bb)
      UTG: $137.90 (275.8 bb)
      MP: $58.02 (116 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)
      BTN: $50.24 (100.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K Q
      4 folds, SB raises to $1, Hero raises to $4, SB raises to $7, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($14) 5 Q 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $10.50, Hero calls $10.50

Turn: ($35) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $36.09 and is all-in, SB folds

Results:
      $35 pot ($1.94 rake)
      Final Board: 5 Q 8 7
      SB mucked and lost (-$17.50 net)
      Hero mucked K Q and won $33.06 ($15.56 net)

Do you think I can call the mini 4bet? I don't have any information about him, in 80 hands he's 33/12 W$SD=0 (4)
  • 7 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      no it's going to be mostly AK and KK+ so even if you hit u are screwed. I don't even agree with the 3bet in the first place. I would need him to open a wide range (and call the 3bet with a range that KQ dominates) and I'm not too sure if that's the case here given his low PFR of 12%. Perhaps he opens 25%+ in BvB and folds very little to 3bets but given the info provided by you I think it's a call preflop.

Shoving Turn is also a bad play. He could easily be trapping with KK/AA (he does not have to bet Turn since there's a potsize bet left only and can easily shove the River if checked to). You also give him a chance to bluff (or to catch up with AK on a King River)
    • BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      no it's going to be mostly AK and KK+ so even if you hit u are screwed. I don't even agree with the 3bet in the first place. I would need him to open a wide range (and call the 3bet with a range that KQ dominates) and I'm not too sure if that's the case here given his low PFR of 12%. Perhaps he opens 25%+ in BvB and folds very little to 3bets but given the info provided by you I think it's a call preflop.

Shoving Turn is also a bad play. He could easily be trapping with KK/AA (he does not have to bet Turn since there's a potsize bet left only and can easily shove the River if checked to). You also give him a chance to bluff (or to catch up with AK on a King River)
      Ok, I understood everything. Thank you ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BruceLee89,

Preflop: What's the purpose of 3betting here vs a 12 PFR? Do you do it it as a bluff or for value? But afterwards I'd be rather off the hand cause we can't be sure what kind of range the guy is 4betting with and may easily trap as said above.

As played
      Postflop: Well, shoving wont achieve much, you ain't going to get called from a lot worse hands and may isolate vs strong hands. Therefore if you even decide to go for a Bet then I'd be willing to do rather inviting bet which may invite his weaker hands along and feel committed on the river. Maybe something like $12.

Another option would be to Check behind cause he ain't bluffing the river anyways and we could easily get away.

Best Regards.
    • BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello BruceLee89,

Preflop: What's the purpose of 3betting here vs a 12 PFR? Do you do it it as a bluff or for value? But afterwards I'd be rather off the hand cause we can't be sure what kind of range the guy is 4betting with and may easily trap as said above.

As played
      Postflop: Well, shoving wont achieve much, you ain't going to get called from a lot worse hands and may isolate vs strong hands. Therefore if you even decide to go for a Bet then I'd be willing to do rather inviting bet which may invite his weaker hands along and feel committed on the river. Maybe something like $12.

Another option would be to Check behind cause he ain't bluffing the river anyways and we could easily get away.

Best Regards.
      my 3bet was for value but you're right I cannot get so many value against 12 PFR even if he's a fish. Postflop the same, not many worse hands are gonna call me.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      That's what has to be taken into account if we doing those kind of 3bets, especially vs rather lower PFR. Therefore might even be better to just call and keep his range wide.
    • BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      That's what has to be taken into account if we doing those kind of 3bets, especially vs rather lower PFR. Therefore might even be better to just call and keep his range wide.
      :f_thumbsup:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BruceLee89
      :f_thumbsup:
      But of course it ain't something that 3betting is wrong but rather pick against such a guy who also opens a lot and able to call you with worse.