[NL20-NL50] 89s NL50

• BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $48.50 (97 bb)
      SB: $66.02 (132 bb)
      BB: $47 (94 bb)
      UTG: $48.34 (96.7 bb)
      MP: $49.50 (99 bb)
      CO: $54.65 (109.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 8 9
      UTG raises to $2, MP folds, CO calls $2, Hero calls $2, 2 folds

Flop: ($6.75) J J T (3 players)
      UTG bets $5, CO calls $5, Hero calls $5

Turn: ($21.75) T (3 players)
      UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($21.75) J (3 players)
      UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $20, UTG calls $20, CO folds

Results:
      $61.75 pot ($3 rake)
      Final Board: J J T T J
      Hero showed 8 9 and lost (-$27 net)
      UTG showed K K and won $58.75 ($31.75 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$7 net)

The villain's line it completely weird for me, I think on the river I can let fold at least 1 person and split with the other one (in my mind if someone has an over pair just bet out on the river)
  • 5 replies
    • iambanker
      iambanker
      Bronze
      He has still in range QQ+, so its not good bluff spot ;)

Maybe there is option to bet turn and bet river to fold his QQ+, but on the river I assume u have zero FE.

I think his play is ok, he has very little value in this hand (still slowplayed Jx in both yours ranges), maybe he could bet something like 1/4 pot to get curious split calls, but he could face a river raise (I probably would raise this bet, cause his range is such face up) so this is safer way to play this hand for him (and as u see more +EV ;) )
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      river is bad because you don't rep anything at all. You can't have an overpair cos you didn't 3bet preflop, TX is no good, and I doubt you have JX given that there are 3 Jacks and u didn't bet turn.

As a result people are never folding their air they will call very often to chop with you. You also may get bluff raised some % of the time, and also sometimes they have overpairs here (not often though).

I kind of feel that you need to fold or raise Flop but I could be wrong. Your draw is bad, board is paired and you draw to bottom end of straight. any Queen gets you killed against QJ and AK.
    • BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by iambanker
      He has still in range QQ+, so its not good bluff spot ;)

Maybe there is option to bet turn and bet river to fold his QQ+, but on the river I assume u have zero FE.

I think his play is ok, he has very little value in this hand (still slowplayed Jx in both yours ranges), maybe he could bet something like 1/4 pot to get curious split calls, but he could face a river raise (I probably would raise this bet, cause his range is such face up) so this is safer way to play this hand for him (and as u see more +EV ;) )
      I don't agree with you, bet turn and river is completely senseless because how can I know no one of them has a J or a T? Furthermore it's very likely the fish doesn't fold over there.

Of course he has QQ+ but it's just a little part of his range and the way I've played I can figure out to have Jx or TT (I know it's a little part of the range but I don't care because their call is to split the most of the time)
    • BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      river is bad because you don't rep anything at all. You can't have an overpair cos you didn't 3bet preflop, TX is no good, and I doubt you have JX given that there are 3 Jacks and u didn't bet turn.

As a result people are never folding their air they will call very often to chop with you. You also may get bluff raised some % of the time, and also sometimes they have overpairs here (not often though).

I kind of feel that you need to fold or raise Flop but I could be wrong. Your draw is bad, board is paired and you draw to bottom end of straight. any Queen gets you killed against QJ and AK.
      Yeah you're right but I think the raise on the flop is impossible to do (there is also a fish in the hand). My call was because I've also a backdoor flush who can help me on the turn to bet against their check.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BruceLee89,

Fold it already on the flop cause you once again could easily have reversed implied odds there and rarely getting paid once you hit. You could already be vs TT/JT or whatsoever has you beat.

Though otherwise river bet is a waste of money, they rarely fold their overpairs and you can't represent that much there. Just a splitting pot and I'd be happy to take it if we manage to see that.

Best Regards.