This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Qq Nl50

• BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (CO): $81.33 (162.7 bb)
      BTN: $99.30 (198.6 bb)
      SB: $50.19 (100.4 bb)
      BB: $50.50 (101 bb)
      MP: $51.49 (103 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q Q
      MP folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB folds

Flop: ($5) 7 K J (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $3.50, SB folds, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($12) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $8, Hero calls $8

River: ($28) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $21, Hero calls $21

Results:
      $70 pot ($3 rake)
      Final Board: 7 K J 9 5
      Hero mucked Q Q and lost (-$34 net)
      BTN showed K K and won $67 ($33 net)

He bets the 68% in this psecific situation and his call open from the BTN is 8% so I thought in his range there are few Kx, the only set was 77 and the only 2pair KJ but I don't know if he calls it (his 3bet range in the BTN is 10.8%). I cannot imagine he had KK
  • 4 replies
    • iambanker
      iambanker
      Bronze
      Hi,

at first look at his pf range. I assume, that he is flatting KQ and KJ pf, unless u have some ridiculous Ft3b 50<. You are deeper, so he probably also flat all PPs TT-.
      So lets say, his range is something like 22-TT, KQ, KJ, QJs, JTs, QTs, AJ, its about 8%.

With AJ/QJ/JT I think he stabs the flop but chbeh turn, cause he has solid showdown value. QTs completes on turn and have nuts, KQ/KJ/77 will probably barrel all streets, cause he has no reason not to do.

So on the turn there is 20k which beat us. The rest of his range is PPs, I assume that TT-88 would probably stab the flop but also chbeh turn. So there is 30k of 22-66 with which he could bluff. I am not sure, but I think, he maybe try to take pot down on flop, but with these no equity hands stop bluffing on turn. So I would probably fold on turn.

He flats maybe also T9s, what is hand that makes sence for this line, but its only 3k.

I forgot, I would cbet the flop, for value from Jx, SD with gameplan ch/c blank turn and ch/f river. To not be exploitable this way (not have river calling range), u can play KQ this way, but ofc ch/c river.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I don't mind your check/call on Flop against people who tend to stab once and give up. I agree that he has very few KX in his range and shouldn't really have too many sets.

You also need to remember that people don't really multi-barrel without any equity. QT got there (yes you block QTs but still its a possibility). You also block a lot of other gutshots like AQ. This reduces the number of gutshot draws he could have (which will make it less likely for him to barrel as a bluff).

I think i call flop and fold this particular turn as default. T8s got there as well.
    • BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      Yes you're right, ty ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BruceLee89,

Kinda leveling yourself into very bad call-downs. :( Don't really see him ever bluffing in those spots often enough to satisfy our call, which means we rather lay down on the turn. Even some draws got there.

Best Regards.