[NL20-NL50] Qq Nl50

• BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (CO): $81.33 (162.7 bb)
      BTN: $99.30 (198.6 bb)
      SB: $50.19 (100.4 bb)
      BB: $50.50 (101 bb)
      MP: $51.49 (103 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q Q
      MP folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB folds

Flop: ($5) 7 K J (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $3.50, SB folds, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($12) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $8, Hero calls $8

River: ($28) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $21, Hero calls $21

Results:
      $70 pot ($3 rake)
      Final Board: 7 K J 9 5
      Hero mucked Q Q and lost (-$34 net)
      BTN showed K K and won $67 ($33 net)

He bets the 68% in this psecific situation and his call open from the BTN is 8% so I thought in his range there are few Kx, the only set was 77 and the only 2pair KJ but I don't know if he calls it (his 3bet range in the BTN is 10.8%). I cannot imagine he had KK
  • 4 replies
    • iambanker
      iambanker
      Bronze
      Hi,

at first look at his pf range. I assume, that he is flatting KQ and KJ pf, unless u have some ridiculous Ft3b 50<. You are deeper, so he probably also flat all PPs TT-.
      So lets say, his range is something like 22-TT, KQ, KJ, QJs, JTs, QTs, AJ, its about 8%.

With AJ/QJ/JT I think he stabs the flop but chbeh turn, cause he has solid showdown value. QTs completes on turn and have nuts, KQ/KJ/77 will probably barrel all streets, cause he has no reason not to do.

So on the turn there is 20k which beat us. The rest of his range is PPs, I assume that TT-88 would probably stab the flop but also chbeh turn. So there is 30k of 22-66 with which he could bluff. I am not sure, but I think, he maybe try to take pot down on flop, but with these no equity hands stop bluffing on turn. So I would probably fold on turn.

He flats maybe also T9s, what is hand that makes sence for this line, but its only 3k.

I forgot, I would cbet the flop, for value from Jx, SD with gameplan ch/c blank turn and ch/f river. To not be exploitable this way (not have river calling range), u can play KQ this way, but ofc ch/c river.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I don't mind your check/call on Flop against people who tend to stab once and give up. I agree that he has very few KX in his range and shouldn't really have too many sets.

You also need to remember that people don't really multi-barrel without any equity. QT got there (yes you block QTs but still its a possibility). You also block a lot of other gutshots like AQ. This reduces the number of gutshot draws he could have (which will make it less likely for him to barrel as a bluff).

I think i call flop and fold this particular turn as default. T8s got there as well.
    • BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      Yes you're right, ty ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BruceLee89,

Kinda leveling yourself into very bad call-downs. :( Don't really see him ever bluffing in those spots often enough to satisfy our call, which means we rather lay down on the turn. Even some draws got there.

Best Regards.