UTG raises to $0.75, fold, Hero calls $0.75, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.85, 2 players) 8:club: 2:heart: 2:spade:
      UTG bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00

Turn: ($3.85, 2 players) J:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.20, UTG raises to $6.75, Hero calls $4.55

River: ($17.35, 2 players) A:heart:
      UTG bets $26.91 and is all-in, Hero calls $18.10 and is all-in

Villain is 25/21, ag f 2.8 ,wtsd 31%,w&sd57%, fold to 3bet 78%
      I did 3 bet him previus 2 hands and he folded so i decide to call preflop couse i guess he wouldnt belive me any more and mybe 4 bet me so i decided to call and play ipo post flop.
      Turn raise is strange sure he could have some over pairs as well as some Jx hands , or mybe 88,99, 10 10 and some suited club brodways.
      With this river can i fold he reps nothing much that beats me (only 22,88 A2) but overbet is almost always sign off great strenght in this limit :( so would u fold Veritz or this is just cooler?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      What is his opening range from UTG? I think you might want to fold AJ here unless he opens something like 17%+ of hands from this position.

Flop call is questionable, especially against a tight UTG range. I think calling with Ace high is standard on this board if ranges are wide though.

Turn is really strange you did 3bet him preflop but this is an entirely different spot I'm not too sure how often NL25 players are putting in bluff checkraises. I would be more inclined to fold here cos I think people don't bluff in these spots - he reps narrow but rarely bluffs.

If you call Turn (thinking he's full of it) you should call River too since the Ace is a scarecard and also he might just randomly shove QQ/KK because he doesn't know what to do with his hand.
    • dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      Yeah he was opening somthing like 16-17% from utg, and i had a feeling that he was tired off my agrresion vs him so i was expected some stupid moves just to show me that he can fight back i was sure at the time that he had some Jx hand but when he shoved river i was thinking that he has like u said QQ, KK and he doesn know what to do or that he mybe played some strange bluff with AK and he was happy about river A but ecually i run into a monster :( couse nl 25 players are prety streith forward i guess.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dzikson999,

Preflop: He is still opening from MP. :P Though I do agree that calling even vs MP is pretty close, especially when he folds to 3bets a lot I might even prefer 3betting over calling if we can't figure out what leaks he has postflop. I understand that you were 3betting him few times but though I'd just continue until he adjusts, especially this being more perfect spot than for example if he would be opening from CO or so, then I agree calling is better.

As played
      Flop: Vs his range I don't really like floating such boards and it's very difficult to fight back as well to make any better hands to fold. Therefore Fold it here.

As played
      Turn: Instead of Bet/Calling I'd rather Bet/Fold it cause I doubt that you going to see that many bluffs in those spots.

As played
      River: Well, if you called the turn then can't really lay-down here either while you put on the capped range on the turn as well and you beat almost the same range on the river. Whilst the guy sometimes might even have AK which would ship the same way, though wont happen that often with his W$SD.

Best Regards.