BTN: $5.22
      SB: $9.50
      Hero (BB): $5.52
      UTG: $4.63
      MP: $4.80
      CO: $19.79

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has T:diamond: T:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, fold, Hero raises to $0.47, BTN calls $0.32

Flop: ($0.96, 2 players) 8:heart: 5:diamond: 6:club:
      Hero bets $0.64, BTN raises to $1.35, fold

Hello!

Pre: I don't like to call TT/JJ on blinds. So 3bet.

F: Normal cbet, but after his raise I didn't know what to do?

Thanks a lot! :s_grin:
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello niceblack,

Preflop: Not really a reason to 3bet. You don't like calling so we 3bet. :D Please name me a reason why you 3betting here? Not that I am telling you that it's wrong but you must also understand why you doing this. Also should 3bet it bigger while also being OOP.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment.

Best Regards.
    • niceblack
      niceblack
      Global
      Thanks for evaluation ;)

Hm, this 3betting pre. I did so, because I thought I loose ton of money by calling oop with TT, JJ on blinds. Because overcard fall and I don't know what to do. Most opponents on zoom are unknown for me, so if I just call with TT, JJ, and see flop AQ3, I can't even call cbet. Or 337 falls and I don't know whether to ch/c flop and turn? Or overcard falls on the turn/river, and again don't know where I am. That is why I started to 3bet TT/JJ on blinds.

Could u please explain me what is better in ur opinion? :s_biggrin:
    • MTsouria
      MTsouria
      Basic
      The thing is, if you 3bet and then the opponent calls, and the flop is only overcards like you said, you lost 3 times as much.

If you only call then hit your 3kind then you could slowplay it since he might be akin to bet, instead of showing excessive strength right away, unless you want to bluff all the way as if you had hit your 3kind on overcards, when you haven't. Given the raise of the opponent he might have the actual hand, and you'll waste a LOT of money.

That's only my take on it, though, I'd like to see how good players would describe the situation.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Could u please explain me what is better in ur opinion?

The point there is mainly that we are trying to do it for value but though if you don't have decent postflop understanding then it will be difficult as well to play whilst it's bigger pot. With 3betting you wont avoid seeing overcards on board anyways. :P

Also if we are 3betting here then we should consider 3betting it bigger whilst being also OOP.