Stacks:
      UTG ($23.50) 94bb
      cincinkid (UTG+1) ($45.20) 181bb
      CO ($24.20) 97bb
      BTN ($43.95) 176bb
      SB ($16.63) 67bb
      BB ($30.30) 121bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.40, 6 players) cincinkid is UTG+1 K A
      1 fold, cincinkid bets $0.90, 1 fold, BTN raises to $2.75, 2 folds, cincinkid raises to $5.25, BTN raises to $12, cincinkid folds

He 3B with a wide range and don't folds too much to 4Bs.
      Since i don't want to be oop w/o init i 4B myself.

After his 5B and us beeing deep i expect him to have a rather strong range (QQ+,AK)
      I expect him to call my ship and i need at least 0,44% equity (with rake)

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 41.90% 22.62% 19.28% AKs
      MP3 58.10% 38.81% 19.28% QQ+, AKs, AKo

Final Pot: $21.30
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hmm I like the idea of 4bet/folding AK when deep against loose players who don't 5bet light. What happens is that they tell you what they have (QQ+) by 5betting and they call with weaker hands like AQs and other speculative crap. So if they 5bet, you fold. If they call, we stack off with TPTK postflop.

Though I'm not sure if you have to 4bet AKs - Quite playable postflop when it's going to be able to flop some sort of equity on many boards. Your hand will be underrepped in a 3bet pot and you get a lot of value on Ace and King boards (especially if they pop out on Turns and Rivers).

Another consideration to take note of is your dynamic against him. If you are notorious for 4bet bluffing him here, expect to see a lot of 5bet bluffs. Not too sure how common it is at NL25 (probably not very) but this min5bet bluff play has been getting increasingly popular at limits as low as NL100.

If you don't expect him to call 4bets with a wide range then certainly calling the 3bet is better. From what i see in the stats he has a low fold to 4bet. Does it mean whether he's 5betting a lot? Or flatting 4bets a lot? that would help in your decision
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

He is also 3betting vs MP range which is rather stronger and meanwhile he doesn't even have that huge 3bet which rather tells me that he does it mainly for value. Therefore I do like the idea of 4bet/Folding cause it will practically give us a easy look what kind of hand he has. If he has nutted hand he continues and if not then such a player I don't see ever to continue.

With calling you just put yourself into a spot whilst you may spend too much with your TPTK type of hand, though you might be against KK/AA which means none of our outs are clean. Mainly heading for the flush but with his W$SD he isn't really willing to pay that often being also deep.

Best Regards.