[NL20-NL50] Nl20 AA BB

• Lucker9200
      Lucker9200
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $21.03 (105.2 bb)
      CO: $28.77 (143.9 bb)
      BTN: $23.65 (118.2 bb)
      SB: $20.34 (101.7 bb)
      Hero (BB): $24.55 (122.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A A
      MP folds, CO calls $0.20, BTN folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $1, CO calls $0.80, SB calls $0.80

Flop: ($3) 8 8 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2, CO calls $2, SB calls $2

Turn: ($9) 3 (3 players)
      SB bets $2, Hero ?

44/12 41 hands SB w note that he limp/c AA ,calls T64ss(3way IP), call push Q , 55/9 78 hands CO dont have any notes on him

I kind of expect SB to have any PP in this spot + some 8x and flush draws maybe few 3's so if it was only against him I would most likely stacked off but with the SB behind me its kind of tough cause I have no info on him except he seems to be a station :f_mad:

Q:Would the stackoff have been ok if I was only against SB? What to do on the turn in this spot ?
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Call because it's a way ahead way behind spot. I think its plausible he plays 3X this way (even though he shouldn't have too many 3X hands). Also possible but unlikely that he has 8X. We can't get too much value anyway given the way the board ran out so we can always decide on whether to raise the River after seeing his River action.

Raising here also puts hands like TT/99 under a lot of pressure, whereas if you called here and raised a weak lead on the River, he might call without thinking too much because he would get to showdown right after that.

(My comments were mostly referring to if it was HU).

I do think things will get extremely tricky (other guy can easily recognise that you have a capped range and may bluff with a draw to rep 8X etc) so you might want to take those into consideration.

I think ultimately it boils down to how bad of a player SB is. If he never folds midpairs here then maybe a raise is fine (it also forces other guy to define his hand and if he calls we c/f all rivers because he has 8X almost always since he would never call again with flush draws on a double pairing board).

----------------------------

After looking at their stats, I think

1) They are loose and passive so I don't expect CO to bluff raise you
      2) They have way more 8X and 3X hands than tighter players

These 2 factors makes it more of a call IMO.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Lucker9200,

Even HU I wouldn't really consider going for stack-off cause we can't be sure even if such a station will pay you off. Therefore I'd be rather willing to play way ahead/behind here and reevaluate the river and especially river sizing.

Problem with raising is that whatever raise you pick what will you do on the river? Mainly the turn raise idea should be to gain yourself a free card for the river and plan to Check behind, though this is possible to do if we also believe that they are capable of paying with worse PP.

Best Regards.