IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1898355
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $10.05
      BB: $4.01
      CO: $10.00 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 20, 3B: 10, AF: 3.8, Hands: 186
      Hero (BTN): $11.95

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with A :heart: T :spade:
      CO raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 1 fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95) 4 :club: T :club: 4 :diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, BB folds

Turn: ($2.15) 7 :club: (2 players)
      CO bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70

River: ($5.55) 9 :spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $3.10, Hero folds

Hello,

How would you play this? Should I raise the flop here? Should I call the river? Thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      I'd just fold it preflop so I don't have to deal with shit like this. :f_biggrin:

If he has a CUT opening range something like:

22+,A2s+,K7s+,Q7s+,J8s+,T8s+,97s+,86s+,76s,65s,A8o+,A5o-A2o,KTo+,QTo+,JTo

you are ahead 70 to 30 on the flop

You have a bluffcatcher, is he bluffing? Probably... but yeah unless you had some read are you going to call 3 streets? I dont think you should be calling the turn if you are going to fold the river to a blank.

Also, if you hit with a top pair on a semi dry board with a T when calling with ATo, if you are folding, then why are you playing the hand?
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jules97
      I'd just fold it preflop so I don't have to deal with shit like this. :f_biggrin:

If he has a CUT opening range something like:

22+,A2s+,K7s+,Q7s+,J8s+,T8s+,97s+,86s+,76s,65s,A8o+,A5o-A2o,KTo+,QTo+,JTo

you are ahead 70 to 30 on the flop

You have a bluffcatcher, is he bluffing? Probably... but yeah unless you had some read are you going to call 3 streets? I dont think you should be calling the turn if you are going to fold the river to a blank.

Also, if you hit with a top pair on a semi dry board with a T when calling with ATo, if you are folding, then why are you playing the hand?
      I agree it's a marginal call preflop, but I still have the BU so I can outplay him numerous times, this is just 1 of the few spots I can get outplayed myself with this hand.

I'm not planning to play the hand for 3 barrels, it's still NL10 and not a lot of people 3 barrel bluff in these spots. I just figured, if I call the turn he will never bluff the river since the :club: is kind of a scarecard (again on NL10). And he's still going to have a hard time betting with any marginal hands that I beat so indeed his range on the river is polarised towards big hands and bluffs.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Letsdothisish,

But FD also completes on the turn and his Bet sizing goes into bigger one so I'd really be rather willing to fold there than Call without even having backdoor FD.

About preflop call mainly depends how much you understand the postflop and what's your skill there, though without huge knowledge might be better to just 3bet preflop.

Best Regards.