IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1898366
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $10.05
      BB: $12.81 - VPIP: 40, PFR: 32, 3B: 43, AF: 2.0, Hands: 25
      UTG: $12.76 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B: 11, AF: 2.4, Hands: 113
      CO: $10.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 20, 3B: 10, AF: 4.0, Hands: 76
      BTN: $10.10 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 16, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 77

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with K :diamond: K :club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $1, Hero raises to $2.40, BB calls $1.40

Flop: ($4.80) Q :heart: 4 :spade: A :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, BB calls $1.60

Turn: ($8.00) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $8.81, Hero folds

Hello,

Should I just give up here on the flop in a 4bet pot? I actually don't know why i'm betting, I think he's not gonna call me with a lot of bluffs but only Ax. Instead should i ch/c? This again looks so weak. I'm thinking ch/f is the best line on the flop.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Betting and Turning your hand into a bluff should be the default line and the best play to minimise the amount of mistakes we may end up making

Check/folding is good if you never expect him to bet the Flop with anything less than an Ace. May be good against ultra passive players.

Check/Calling Flop is good if you think he will bluff once only (so you just call one bet and fold the Turn) or bluff his entire stack off (so you call Flop call Turn). I think this option is best against fish with imbalanced frequencies

Against anyone remotely aggressive I rather bet myself. Another advantage is that you get to choose the size of your Flop bet. I don't mind 33% pot size if it's something like A22r but I prefer to bet maybe 40% on a double broadway board since he will definitely float you on the Flop with a hand like KJs given the tiny flop bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Letsdothisish,

Don't see any reason to Bet the flop whilst you just ain't going to get called from a lot worse hands. Therefore rather Check it and reevaluate the further actions from the opponent, he most likely wont take stabs without having a strong hand and even if he does vs smaller bets we are still able to call it once and reevaluate the further actions.

Though while it's a 4bet pot you might rarely even see many worse hands which betting the flop which means that Check/Folding might even be the best.

Best Regards.