This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQ - very bad river

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hey Gerv! What do you think about this hand? I´m standing against 40/32/14, Aggresion factor 5 after 50 hands. This guy did not fold to any Cbet. Since he is pretty aggro, I decided to call the river. It is true that I´ve got higher 2P than the board but I think that the river is very ugly and generally I think that he would play a straight draw or flush draw this way normally. I think that J makes a lot of sense also.

I´m not too sure how do I stand here.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $4.02
      SB: $17.14
      BB: $14.17
      UTG: $7.18
      UTG+1: $7.17
      MP: $21.45
      Hero (MP+1): $2.00
      CO: $2.41

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Q:club: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42, 2 players) A:spade: J:diamond: 9:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.26, BB calls $0.26

Turn: ($0.94, 2 players) Q:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.63, BB calls $0.63

River: ($2.20, 2 players) J:spade:
      BB bets $1.20,
      Hero calls $0.91 and is all-in

BB shows 8:club: J:heart: (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 34%, Flop 20%, Turn 14%)
      Hero mucks Q:club: A:diamond: (Two Pair, Aces and Queens) (Pre 66%, Flop 80%, Turn 86%)
      BB wins $3.85
  • 2 replies
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      personally id overbet shove the turn as any river commits you anyways, OTR i wouldnt expect villain to call two streets with a jack so when yu say a jack makes sense i dont think it does

I also dont think hes taking this line with KT, so it seems kinda fishy, i doubt im folding this river as i dnt really think hes repping much tbh, maybe trying to bluff you off a split pot with an ace or maybe QJ got there but id pay him off but i could make hero fold this with a decent read that this line shows massive strength

Alex :)
    • ctstc
      ctstc
      Bronze
      Hi

Originally posted by Castle93
      personally id overbet shove the turn as any river commits you anyways, OTR i wouldnt expect villain to call two streets with a jack so when yu say a jack makes sense i dont think it does
      i like this line, too. But i would bet the Flop a little bit higher to bring my money easy in the middle.
      But as played I call the River, too. He usually has no Jack, and the FDraw is a Backdoorflushdraw, so he will not have it often.