[NL2-NL10] AQ - very bad river

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hey Gerv! What do you think about this hand? I´m standing against 40/32/14, Aggresion factor 5 after 50 hands. This guy did not fold to any Cbet. Since he is pretty aggro, I decided to call the river. It is true that I´ve got higher 2P than the board but I think that the river is very ugly and generally I think that he would play a straight draw or flush draw this way normally. I think that J makes a lot of sense also.

I´m not too sure how do I stand here.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $4.02
      SB: $17.14
      BB: $14.17
      UTG: $7.18
      UTG+1: $7.17
      MP: $21.45
      Hero (MP+1): $2.00
      CO: $2.41

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Q:club: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42, 2 players) A:spade: J:diamond: 9:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.26, BB calls $0.26

Turn: ($0.94, 2 players) Q:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.63, BB calls $0.63

River: ($2.20, 2 players) J:spade:
      BB bets $1.20,
      Hero calls $0.91 and is all-in

BB shows 8:club: J:heart: (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 34%, Flop 20%, Turn 14%)
      Hero mucks Q:club: A:diamond: (Two Pair, Aces and Queens) (Pre 66%, Flop 80%, Turn 86%)
      BB wins $3.85
  • 2 replies
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      personally id overbet shove the turn as any river commits you anyways, OTR i wouldnt expect villain to call two streets with a jack so when yu say a jack makes sense i dont think it does

I also dont think hes taking this line with KT, so it seems kinda fishy, i doubt im folding this river as i dnt really think hes repping much tbh, maybe trying to bluff you off a split pot with an ace or maybe QJ got there but id pay him off but i could make hero fold this with a decent read that this line shows massive strength

Alex :)
    • ctstc
      ctstc
      Bronze
      Hi

Originally posted by Castle93
      personally id overbet shove the turn as any river commits you anyways, OTR i wouldnt expect villain to call two streets with a jack so when yu say a jack makes sense i dont think it does
      i like this line, too. But i would bet the Flop a little bit higher to bring my money easy in the middle.
      But as played I call the River, too. He usually has no Jack, and the FDraw is a Backdoorflushdraw, so he will not have it often.