HUD literature?

• ThreeFour34
      ThreeFour34
      Bronze
      I am using HEM2, also familiar with HUD basic things, but found out that that numbers are really not helping me as they should. I talked pretty much about what stats are important, but still lacking a lot of knowledge about it. So please recommend me a literature, probably there is not a book written about it, but for sure there are some very thorougly explained article, which would give me some additional bonus about HUD. Thanx for your help.
  • 6 replies
    • NakiMan
      NakiMan
      Bronze
      Try free trial on leak buster, there is some good reading plus video on using HM2 HUD.

Naki
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi ThreeFour34,

Holdem Manager is indeed very important for your progression as a poker player. Personally I used very basic stats such as VPIP/PFR, I then colour coded them so that if they were high it meant they were lunatic, if average they were a reg and if green they were a fishy :)

Having too many stats initially for me was pretty daunting, once I was happy and comfortable with the very basics I began to add more and more, like anything in life you can't try to run before you can walk.

Here is a pretty cool video that our education team released last week with some cool tips about how to get the most out of HEM.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/25951/

Our very own pleno1 is a little but of a holdem manager geek, he has a thread where he says you can ask ANYTHING, and I know HEM is often a big subject there, check it out here: *Ask me anything about 6max*

Hope this is helpful, also is 34 your favorite hand? If so perhaps you should think about changing your name to AceAceAA, it will probably be profitable in the long term :P

Good luck
      Ingi
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi ThreeFour34!

I've had the same problems as you did. I knew what the numbers meant, but didn't know how to use them.

I suggest you watch some video's. Specially those with live play in them. This way you can see how the coaches use the HUDs to make right decisions.

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey ThreeFour34, maybe this article will be of some use?

i think stats are something that only experience will allow you to understand them. i remember when i saw stats and couldnt really understand it. the key is to not rely too heavily on them, and to understand the law of large numbers (in other words, sample size is everything). basic stats such as VPIP, PFR and WTSD don't take very long to converge and so the reading is generally ok, but postflop stats take a little more time. then there are stats such as 3bet, which heavily rely on a decent sample size. basically, the more specific the stat, the longer it will take to converge.

regarding your question, i think the article linked above is the closest thing i've found to literature on stats. other than that, you just pick it up through hand evaluations and experience :)

Lewis.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Originally posted by NakiMan
      Try free trial on leak buster, there is some good reading plus video on using HM2 HUD.

Naki
      I have no idea if you play cash games, but Leakbuster does come with a nice color coded HUD, and as this person mentioned, it comes with a nice PDF document on each stat, and how to apply them at the table with examples, as well as a video of using it at the table and getting reads from it. It is one of the better huds i have tried using, and the PDF was pretty handy as far as understanding each stat.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      i was just looking for some info on a hud stat, and came across a couple of HUD guides on google that were pretty good.