Hyper SNGs running bad [VIDEO]

• 18 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      watched some of video but tbh got tired of hearing you whining.

imo, you defo need to change your mindset or just quit playing. There are loads of good articles, books videos about mindset around. By nature Hyper turbo have very high variance and you need to take chances before you blind out.

also I think you should watch some hyper turbo videos on our video section, practice your push and fold range maybe get some coaching :)

You could also think of switching to a type of poker with less variance.

Best of luck and regards

Thazar
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      I've moved your thread to the relevant board :)
    • Barin22
      Barin22
      Silver
      Hello, hope this will help u a little.

2:50 - AJo - u cant just flat call OOP this 3bet, u need to go all in or fold based on his 3 beting frequency, i prefer fold here because most people just shove all in and smaller 3bets usually mean strong hand
      4:15 - AQs - after 10 hands in your hud deciding someone is a nit...i would shove here
      5:50 - JQo on the BTN, easy push
      7:15 - KQo push
      7:30 - A6s push
      10:30 - Q3s unless people are calling super wide u can push
      11:30 - AQo shove
      15:15 - Q8o, BB is sitout, easy push
      15:30 - A8o, same push here with 12BB
      16:30 - T9o from SB under 10 BB efective is nuts unless some specific bubble situations
      20:00 - K8o from SB for 10 BB unexploitable shove (means he can call any range and u will show profit with this push/major leak to be folding this)
      20:20 - ATo horrible check on BB, push
      20:45 - K5o push from SB
      21:00 - 78s push
      21:30 - A7s push
      22:00 - A5s push
      24:00 - A8s raise 60 preflop
      25:00 - A3o call SB push

So i really recommend instead of complaining about how bad people play to try study more with some ICM calculator because u really have major leaks in your game and im not sure if u even can actually beat this limit right now. Good luck and work hard.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Thats my kind of post Barin :D

Shove shove shove shove shove

:heart:
    • Barin22
      Barin22
      Silver
      Originally posted by CallumN
      Thats my kind of post Barin :D

Shove shove shove shove shove

:heart:
      Hehe, thats how it is on hypers especially on lower limits where people cant adjust properly to wide shoving ranges :)
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      I tried to do HUs myself few months ago, move to it properly and professionally with also a Pokerstrategy Coach as my stacker and mentor but we decide that was the case I was go back to my cash games tables due the strong request of mindset for this discipline!

If you are not ready to take on the unfair, injustice of the variance, HUs are the last place we should lead on! ;)
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      P.S. Sorry, I mean ofc that Hyper Turbo SNG are high variance stuff like HUs that's why I though that example ... hope make sense! :)
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Barin22
      Hello, hope this will help u a little.

2:50 - AJo - u cant just flat call OOP this 3bet, u need to go all in or fold based on his 3 beting frequency, i prefer fold here because most people just shove all in and smaller 3bets usually mean strong hand
      4:15 - AQs - after 10 hands in your hud deciding someone is a nit...i would shove here
      5:50 - JQo on the BTN, easy push
      7:15 - KQo push
      7:30 - A6s push
      10:30 - Q3s unless people are calling super wide u can push
      11:30 - AQo shove
      15:15 - Q8o, BB is sitout, easy push
      15:30 - A8o, same push here with 12BB
      16:30 - T9o from SB under 10 BB efective is nuts unless some specific bubble situations
      20:00 - K8o from SB for 10 BB unexploitable shove (means he can call any range and u will show profit with this push/major leak to be folding this)
      20:20 - ATo horrible check on BB, push
      20:45 - K5o push from SB
      21:00 - 78s push
      21:30 - A7s push
      22:00 - A5s push
      24:00 - A8s raise 60 preflop
      25:00 - A3o call SB push

So i really recommend instead of complaining about how bad people play to try study more with some ICM calculator because u really have major leaks in your game and im not sure if u even can actually beat this limit right now. Good luck and work hard.
      Thanks for your feedback, bud.
      I think I should Fold those hands because people, at this level, shove WAY too many hands, so i have to tighten my range for that when people call, i have decent equity against their range.

Though, i am going to make another little video showing the hands you pointed out using an ICM calculator. I am aware that i should shove those hands only when people have adjusted their range? Or maybe, i am just way too nitty?!?!
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      watched some of video but tbh got tired of hearing you whining.

imo, you defo need to change your mindset or just quit playing. There are loads of good articles, books videos about mindset around. By nature Hyper turbo have very high variance and you need to take chances before you blind out.

also I think you should watch some hyper turbo videos on our video section, practice your push and fold range maybe get some coaching :)

You could also think of switching to a type of poker with less variance.

Best of luck and regards

Thazar
      Thanks for the feedback, bud

Sorry about the whining, but yesterday was a sommewhat tough day and running-bad/losing was just the cherry at the top to make me explode. Usually I dont tilt/explode, but yesterday was an exception :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :D :D :D

Im making a little video today about the hands the other guy pointed out about ICM and stuff :s_cool: :s_cool: :s_cool: :s_cool: :s_cool:
    • Barin22
      Barin22
      Silver
      Yes u are definitelly too nitty, i just pointed out hands where shove is good against almost any opponents (unless they are calling super wide like 35+%), some of them are even unexploitable and u will show profit by pushing them against any calling range and passing them is huge mistake, for example:

5:50 - http://i.imgur.com/2askk.jpg
      20:00 - http://i.imgur.com/R155C.jpg
      20:45 - http://i.imgur.com/AkD4b.jpg
    • IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      Yeah Barin is right, you are way too nitty. You don't look like you have an idea about the dynamics of sngs. I think you should play more with nash equillibrium and sngwiz or other programs and analyse the ranges and try to understand why the shoves are good there and why it's bad there.

You truly don't understand the games you're playing by commenting how everyone's the donk by their showdowns when they're actually doing better than you.

Also you can't control others, if there's anyone you should berate it is yourself. If others players are fishes you must play accordingly and play the best you can against them and not blame it on them for your losses
    • Barin22
      Barin22
      Silver
      Originally posted by IhasLuck
      Yeah Barin is right, you are way too nitty. You don't look like you have an idea about the dynamics of sngs. I think you should play more with nash equillibrium and sngwiz or other programs and analyse the ranges and try to understand why the shoves are good there and why it's bad there.

You truly don't understand the games you're playing by commenting how everyone's the donk by their showdowns when they're actually doing better than you.

Also you can't control others, if there's anyone you should berate it is yourself. If others players are fishes you must play accordingly and play the best you can against them and not blame it on them for your losses
      Hehe, didnt know u pokerstrategist, currently playing against each other at 7 hypers sometime :)
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by omegapirate
      I think I should Fold those hands because people, at this level, shove WAY too many hands, so i have to tighten my range for that when people call, i have decent equity against their range.
      quote]

I cant view the video for some reason.

if your folding these hands in a hyper turbo, then your opponents are playing completely correctly by pushing very wide against you. They are abusing your over tightness. and you are losing money every time you miss a push or fold your At5s to a atc sb shove.

People may be calling light, but its a hyper turbo - you are supposed to call light. Until you get this, and understand the push/fold stage, you should be playing turbos (FR) or normal speed.

e.g. jq on the button is an easy fist pump shove with a big smile. nobody is calling with qx or 8t. they may call with 22+k8+, K6s+A2+ (and many even tighter). but they will have trash often enough for your push to be profitable. And when you are playing - the only thing you should care about is if your push was profitable.

I said it in the other thread and a few others have said it here. stop with the hypers. play turbos and learn ICM and push/fold
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze

Thanks guys I really appreciate your feedback. :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup:

I will invest in the sng wiz by taking some of my bankroll out and grind micro cash tables to rebuild it until i have, again, 150bb for the $1.5 hyper sngs!

Before buying the sng wiz, what do you think about the PT4 integrated calculator? is it good enough to replace the sng wiz? That is because I own PT4 but want to see if its better the sng wiz or the pt4 one, or if they are the same icm calculators.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      dont forget that you can trial sng wiz for 30 days free of charge.
    • IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Barin22

Hehe, didnt know u pokerstrategist, currently playing against each other at 7 hypers sometime :)
      Good thing I didn't say more, don't wanna be transparent to my oponents :s_evil: What's your nickname?
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      The link to the new video of 6max hyper sng: http://www.theprofitroad.com/pshypernew.html

Any comment, opinion, thought, feedback is appreciated!
    • dashe
      dashe
      Bronze
      Barin22 or anyone else:

I'we got a healthy sample size of these hyper turbos. Can't say that I'm doing very well, but it's ok. I want to improve my game by analysing stats. I noticed some things that could improve the results but I want to find out exactly how it works.
      For example, having a little bit bigger stack before everyone starts push all in does increase your chances of getting in to the later stages, but how does it really effect the final outcome ?
      So basically I want to find out how aggressive should I be in early and mid stages of the hyper turbos (even though they are really short) . The push/fold stage is relatively easy as you just learn ICM, dynamics and stuff.

I would want to have a look at the tournaments I have played already and somehow analyse the results based on my stack or aggression in early and mid stages. I'm not that good with Holdem Manager, so do I have to create a report ? or how do you go about it ?
      I could also ask you for opening hand chart for each blind level, but I don't really want for information that has already been chewed for me.

Thanks !