Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is BB A A
      2 folds, CO raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.25, CO calls $2.25

Flop: 3 7 Q ($6.60, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: 9 ($11.60, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: K ($11.60, 2 players)
      Hero bets $10, CO goes all-in $18.73, Hero calls $8.73
      Final Pot: $49.06 Hero shows a pair of Aces A A CO shows three of a kind, Kings K K CO wins $47.06 (net +$22.58) Hero lost $24.48

He was so tight pre at the moment of this play I could practically assigne him a pf range of only AK, JJ+ in this spot (samplesize of 50ish hands). After this hand I am sure his range is prolly even smaller. :f_eek:

On flop I don't wanna bet and I wanna get value from all of his "bluffs".
      Same goes on the turn.
      On the river I just wan't to make it look like I've hit AK, he is always calling after such underrep of my hand regardless the size w AK, but folding JJ which he is not betting in this spot.

Ah fck now that I am reading I feel that I am just fancy playing and stabbing myself in the throath. From now on pot/pot/pot :P .
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Checking flop is such a terrible play with AA. You have close to the nuts so you should bet and not give him any room to pot control.

You should check/calll when...
      1) You connect so well with the Flop that he cannot have much (flopping a fullhouse on a broadway Flop)
      2) He just loves bluffing a lot and will spew off his stack (I don't think that's the case here)
      3) He has a wide air range (you said he's tight)
      4) Our hand is not strong enough to value bet (we have AA here)

I think you fulfill none of the conditions to warrant a check/call here. And if you want to somehow c/c AA, I rather do it with the Ace of diamond. Without the Ace of diamond, it means that he could have it (which would increase the likelihood of him having nut flush draw). And we certainly want to stack off against nut flush draw here when we dominate that on the Flop with 66% equity.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Really nicely constructed and learnful post. TY!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Gregor86,

Rather instead just Bet yourself and reevaluate the further actions once you get raised. We can still get value from a lot worse and if he doesn't have a hand then you wont get value from his betting range either much and allow him to Check behind the turn.

Though as played FD completed, not many worse hands pay us I don't really see myself betting almost pot size there. I'd rather to be willing to bet something like $5 and allow him to call you with Jx/worse PPs and plan to fold to the raise.

Best Regards.