[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJs

• TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Opponent stats 12/10 AF:2,7 WTSD:26 W$SD:38 after 389 hands.

I played this hand really weird. I thought that if I raise on flop they will fold all worse hands, so I called. On the turn I don't want to let them check so I donk, but I think my bet size is bad. Regular quickly called. River comes T and I don't see worse hands, which can call me.

How should I play this hand?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BU calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.6) J, 3, J (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.80, BU calls $0.80, SB folds, Hero calls $0.80.

Turn: ($4) K (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.20, MP1 calls $2.20, BU folds.

River: ($8.4) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 raises to $7.51, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.4.
  • 2 replies
    • Sinnology
      Not really!
      Look he is really nitty and raising from utg!
      So hes range is pretty narrow there.
      You hold AJ ,which means u have blocker for hands like AA,AK,AJ(your J +2 on board make it really unlikely for him to have Jx hand).
      So what can he have ?
      As he played he can have hand like KK ,AK.
      AK is almost for sure cbeting this board vs one, so is KK.
      And that turn is perfect for him to slowplay,since he has absolute nuts and you are donking.
      On the river u check and he bets strong to get more value.
      Problem with slowplaying oop is that you give all initiative to your opponent and he can take advantage of that as its clear in this example.
      Once you donk turn, which shoulld be 3$ imo, you could make 4$ blocker bet on river, since your hand could still be best here,and fold to a raise.
    • veriz
      Hello TheWinnerTakesItAll,

Flop: Guess I'd just donk the flop cause we could this way get value from Jx hands. Though Checking ain't wrong but then we have to Check/Call it cause Check/Raising is making our hand face up.

As played
      Turn: Yeah well, if you donk then at least do it bigger and hope them to have the Kx, though I doubt that there are going to be like tons of Kx hands in their ranges.
      River: Either we Bet ourselves or if we Check then of course vs his line it's a Check/Fold, can't see many hands what we have beat.

Best Regards.