[NL2-NL10] MSS - ATs - NL5

• BrunoPradoBR
      BrunoPradoBR
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (MP+1): $2.00 VP$IP: 7.82% | PFR: 7.79% | AFq: 56.05% | 3Bet: 6.57% | Hands: 7456
      CO: $16.57
      BTN: $5.27
      SB: $1.59
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $1.69
      UTG+1: $12.77 VP$IP: 17% | PFR: 14% | AFq: 50% | 3Bet: 0% | Donkbet F: 50% | Hands: 52
      MP: $5.66

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has T:club: A:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.05, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.47, 2 players) 3:club: 3:diamond: 6:spade:
      UTG+1 bets $0.22, Hero calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.91, 2 players) 9:spade:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.40, UTG+1 calls $0.40

River: ($1.71, 2 players) T:diamond:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

UTG+1 shows A:spade: 7:spade: (One Pair, Threes) (Pre 31%, Flop 29%, Turn 34%)
      Hero shows T:club: A:club: (Two Pair, Tens and Threes) (Pre 69%, Flop 71%, Turn 66%)
      Hero wins $1.64

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!

In this hand I made a ROL and I have three questions:

1) Was the call against donkbet the correct action on the Flop?
      2) Should I have done the Bet in position on the Turn?
      3) Was the check/behind on the River the correct action?
  • 4 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Hey,

a) imo call isn't the best move here. A player who plays TAG style is limping UTG. I think we can narrow his range to low pockets, something like 22-55. So on flop you have 6 outs for overcards and 1 for backdoor flush draw (I think 33, 66 wouldn't donk here, but rather slowplay).

That's why I would put pressure on him by raising. Since you have backdoor flush draw, any :club: gives you additional equity + you can barrel any overcard to the board, which is likely to come on turn. Or you could fold flop directly.

b) As played I think he could be in check/calling mode, so either bet both turn and river or check behind.

c) I would bet thin something like 1/3 of the pot. On our limits people won't fold vs such a bet like ever.
    • BrunoPradoBR
      BrunoPradoBR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohnDoe1313
      Hey,

a) imo call isn't the best move here. A player who plays TAG style is limping UTG. I think we can narrow his range to low pockets, something like 22-55. So on flop you have 6 outs for overcards and 1 for backdoor flush draw (I think 33, 66 wouldn't donk here, but rather slowplay).

That's why I would put pressure on him by raising. Since you have backdoor flush draw, any :club: gives you additional equity + you can barrel any overcard to the board, which is likely to come on turn. Or you could fold flop directly.

b) As played I think he could be in check/calling mode, so either bet both turn and river or check behind.

c) I would bet thin something like 1/3 of the pot. On our limits people won't fold vs such a bet like ever.
      Hi JohnDoe1313, thank you for your answer.

a) I understood, It's clear for me now that I should've raised. By that time, I thought he could be bluffing and, in case of a scare card on the turn, I could get the pot. Unfortunately, he called my bet.

b) As I said, I thought he would fold after my Bet. When he called it I was afraid of he was doing slow play.

c) Even though I got a TPTK on the River, I decided to do a check/behind because I was afraid of a possible check/raise. So I decided not to put more money.

Honestly, I think I was in TILT in this hand. I'd lost $15 in this session and I didnt want to lose more money.
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Imo you don't need to be worried about getting check/raised, since 99-TT would raise preflop and 33, 66 are just 4 combinations compared to 18 combos of 22, 44-55 + maybe random hands, even though I don't think there is much/any of them.

If you were on tilt, end session ;)
    • ctstc
      ctstc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohnDoe1313
      Hey,

A very good explanation, I can't say more to the Hand :)
      But make notes to such Players with which Hands they donk here.