This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] MSS - ATs - NL5

• BrunoPradoBR
      BrunoPradoBR
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (MP+1): $2.00 VP$IP: 7.82% | PFR: 7.79% | AFq: 56.05% | 3Bet: 6.57% | Hands: 7456
      CO: $16.57
      BTN: $5.27
      SB: $1.59
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $1.69
      UTG+1: $12.77 VP$IP: 17% | PFR: 14% | AFq: 50% | 3Bet: 0% | Donkbet F: 50% | Hands: 52
      MP: $5.66

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has T:club: A:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.05, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.47, 2 players) 3:club: 3:diamond: 6:spade:
      UTG+1 bets $0.22, Hero calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.91, 2 players) 9:spade:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.40, UTG+1 calls $0.40

River: ($1.71, 2 players) T:diamond:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

UTG+1 shows A:spade: 7:spade: (One Pair, Threes) (Pre 31%, Flop 29%, Turn 34%)
      Hero shows T:club: A:club: (Two Pair, Tens and Threes) (Pre 69%, Flop 71%, Turn 66%)
      Hero wins $1.64

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!

In this hand I made a ROL and I have three questions:

1) Was the call against donkbet the correct action on the Flop?
      2) Should I have done the Bet in position on the Turn?
      3) Was the check/behind on the River the correct action?
  • 4 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Bronze
      Hey,

a) imo call isn't the best move here. A player who plays TAG style is limping UTG. I think we can narrow his range to low pockets, something like 22-55. So on flop you have 6 outs for overcards and 1 for backdoor flush draw (I think 33, 66 wouldn't donk here, but rather slowplay).

That's why I would put pressure on him by raising. Since you have backdoor flush draw, any :club: gives you additional equity + you can barrel any overcard to the board, which is likely to come on turn. Or you could fold flop directly.

b) As played I think he could be in check/calling mode, so either bet both turn and river or check behind.

c) I would bet thin something like 1/3 of the pot. On our limits people won't fold vs such a bet like ever.
    • BrunoPradoBR
      BrunoPradoBR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohnDoe1313
      Hey,

a) imo call isn't the best move here. A player who plays TAG style is limping UTG. I think we can narrow his range to low pockets, something like 22-55. So on flop you have 6 outs for overcards and 1 for backdoor flush draw (I think 33, 66 wouldn't donk here, but rather slowplay).

That's why I would put pressure on him by raising. Since you have backdoor flush draw, any :club: gives you additional equity + you can barrel any overcard to the board, which is likely to come on turn. Or you could fold flop directly.

b) As played I think he could be in check/calling mode, so either bet both turn and river or check behind.

c) I would bet thin something like 1/3 of the pot. On our limits people won't fold vs such a bet like ever.
      Hi JohnDoe1313, thank you for your answer.

a) I understood, It's clear for me now that I should've raised. By that time, I thought he could be bluffing and, in case of a scare card on the turn, I could get the pot. Unfortunately, he called my bet.

b) As I said, I thought he would fold after my Bet. When he called it I was afraid of he was doing slow play.

c) Even though I got a TPTK on the River, I decided to do a check/behind because I was afraid of a possible check/raise. So I decided not to put more money.

Honestly, I think I was in TILT in this hand. I'd lost $15 in this session and I didnt want to lose more money.
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Bronze
      Imo you don't need to be worried about getting check/raised, since 99-TT would raise preflop and 33, 66 are just 4 combinations compared to 18 combos of 22, 44-55 + maybe random hands, even though I don't think there is much/any of them.

If you were on tilt, end session ;)
    • ctstc
      ctstc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohnDoe1313
      Hey,

A very good explanation, I can't say more to the Hand :)
      But make notes to such Players with which Hands they donk here.