[NL2-NL10] A9s 3bet vs BU open

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      villain seems standard over a small sample VPIP/PFR/3B/AF: 27/18/10/2.2 (120hands)

Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

UTG: $10.50 (105 bb)
      Hero (BB): $10.36 (103.6 bb)
      BTN: $14.18 (141.8 bb)
      SB: $16.76 (167.6 bb)
      MP: $10.85 (108.5 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: A:heart:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.90, BTN calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.85) J:club: 7:heart: 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BTN folds

i haven't been so active and definitely havent been 3betting much. i think his 3bet-calling range will look something like TT+ and ATs+ maybe KQs type hands but not much else. maybe he calls with smaller pps. is it the case that because i 3bet such a hand preflop, i HAVE to continue my aggression on the flop? whenever i see a Jxx flop i tend to think it hits almost any villain's range giving draws and pairs. should i shut down on this flop and give up the hand?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

3bet sizing should be bigger whilst you are OOP and don't want to give him good odds but otherwise seems to be fine. You still have got some backdoors which you can easily 2nd barrel.

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

3bet sizing should be bigger whilst you are OOP and don't want to give him good odds but otherwise seems to be fine.
      when you say the 3bet should be bigger OOP, what sizing would you recommend? and also since it isn't exactly for value surely we should be making our bluffs less expensive?

Originally posted by veriz
      You still have got some backdoors which you can easily 2nd barrel.
      Best Regards.
      once he calls such a dry flop doesn't our fold equity seem pretty crap? because by calling he reps Jx or some pocket pair pretty well.. and he probably won't fold to a 2nd barrel. so by barreling are we not just value owning ourself?