This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 KQ OOP

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $13.17 (131.7 bb)
      Hero (BB): $13 (130 bb)
      SB: $14.57 (145.7 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q K
      CO raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) 2 Q 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.05) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

River: ($4.45) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Results:
      $4.45 pot ($0.22 rake)
      Final Board: 2 Q 3 5 7
      CO mucked J T and lost (-$2.20 net)
      Hero showed Q K and won $4.23 ($2.03 net)

i don't know how to play here. preflop he hasn't been too active/getting out of line at all so im just assuming he's a fairly tight reg. if i 3bet, he continues probably with TT+ and AQ+ may other pps. either way, if i 3bet and he calls, im a little screwed. if he raises i am also screwed. so i decided to call. with TPgK, i can't donk bet. i can't check/raise because he will only continue with hands that beat me. so i have to check call the flop. the turn changes nothing but again, i cant donk and can't check raise. folding is too weak, so i check/call again.

i think most of the time when i check the river, i will face a bet. his range will then look like KK/AA, AQ, (MAYBE QJ fires again) and sets and maybe even A4.

so am i right in thinking if he bets i have to check/fold?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Seems to be fine as long the guy could easily even have worse Qx hands in his range. Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey veriz!

when you say "as long as the guy can have worse Qx hands", are you saying that it is okay to call here as long as i assume he might have worse Qx hands? or are you saying that, in your opinion, he can easily have worse Qx hands here?