This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 AQ flopped flush

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (CO): $27.40 (274 bb)
      MP: $3.50 (35 bb)
      SB: $5 (50 bb)
      BB: $11.53 (115.3 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG: $10.14 (101.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q A
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN folds, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.20) 5 4 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, SB folds

Turn: ($1.60) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.10, BB calls $0.70

River: ($3.80) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $25.70 and is all-in, BB folds

Results:
      $3.80 pot ($0.19 rake)
      Final Board: 5 4 2 6 9
      Hero mucked Q A and won $3.61 ($1.91 net)
      BB mucked and lost (-$1.70 net)

2 fish in the blinds so i open 4x.

am i missing out on value by playing this way postflop?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Flop: Raise the flop and get value from some draws or even sets. :) If they don't have a hand they wont pay you much either. I wouldn't raise a lot but making rather smallish so they would still call with some crap.

As played
      Turn: I'd still raise it bigger here. :)
      River: Well, what does Call you here? Even if he is a fish. :D

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

Flop: Raise the flop and get value from some draws or even sets. :) If they don't have a hand they wont pay you much either. I wouldn't raise a lot but making rather smallish so they would still call with some crap.

As played
      Turn: I'd still raise it bigger here. :)
      River: Well, what does Call you here? Even if he is a fish. :D

Best Regards.
      i didn't want to raise the flop because he doesn't often have a set here, and draws might not even call since i hold A :heart: and i am pretty much repping only a flush so i thought no harm in slowplaying 1 street. how big/small shall i make the raise? is 2.5x good enough?

the turn i decided to stop slowplaying, but how much bigger would you raise it? a potsize raise to like $2.80 is way too big imo so i decided to try and entice him into calling by making it fairly small. i mean it's really hard for him to ever have something on this board..

on the river i see it is stupid :( but what flashed through my mind was if he has K :heart: x then he probably can't get away, if he has J :heart: x then he might level himself into calling thinking my sizing is bluffy. not that i'm ever bluffing here :facepalm: he's probably never calling anyway.